Who makes the best Capacitors

going to bet everyone says do not even bother with getting one... i wouldn't either. They are pretty much pointless with a daily driver.

So there are a bunch of different brands, which ones are the best or are they all pretty much the same. Since you can get a 3 farad cap for the same price as a 1 farad of a "Big Name" brand. Your opinions??

Is this a joke?

a capacitor is a nice thing to have.. if you have the extra bucks for one get one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

why???

in your electrical wiring.... the capacitor acts like a buffer... and a filter... your alternator makes AC current. THEN converts it to DC current sometimes the converted power is alil bad... the capacitor in the cycle stabilizes the power... giving your amps better cleaner power and also stabilizes your voltage and the quality of your power....

the rockford fosgate 15kw produce more than 15k rms and it only demands 300 amps of current... it was tricky to design that amplifier.. rockford had an idea.. wich came from one apparatus that the medics use to revive their patience..so they used lots of capacitors in the amplifier to supply the demand of the amp... WHY did rockford used capacitors instead of batteries??? simple... the capacitors are faster than a battery...

people say that adding a cap make syoru alt work harder.. actually nope.... not really... the capacitor can charge in less than a second... so when your bass strikes the capacitor pushes all the power stored inside the capacitor... then yoru amp goes to idle and prepares for the next strike... even half of a second the capacitor is already charged up.. and then for the next strike it gives all the power takign stress of your alternator and your battery...

i will chose alumapro...... or get a hybrid 10-20 farad capacitor... dont listen to the rule of thump(1 farad for every 1000 rms) get more than that... double it or even triple it or if you can go with....

if your have a small system and you will nto have to upgrade nothing except doign the big 3 and maybe adding a capacitor... if your rollign with the big boys alternator first... batteries second and third the capacitor...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.