Ford F-250 Sound Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

xuv224

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2022 F-250 XL in standard cab. So a very basic trim and no rear seats. I would like to upgrade the sound. I only use the Pandora app on my phone to send sound to the speakers through Android Auto. So I have never needed to touch the stock head unit. I would prefer not to have to replace that head unit. It sounds like there should be speakers behind the seat and a subwoofer. As far as I know, the only stock speakers that are there, are one each in the doors, nothing in the dash or rear wall. Willing to spend some money on decent equipment but not going crazy, as this is still a work truck. What would be an example of equipment that would make a noticeable improvement in sound? Thanks

An External amplifier and a decent set of 75-125 rms components up front will usually make a great improvement and a small sub on an amplifier behind the seats

If you are not looking to kill the block down and to just add some kind of sub stage. These work fine and should fit behind the passenger side and take some abuse.Or look at a Truck Wedge box with an 8 or 10" sub and take some measurements for fitment Easy to remove and not heavy.
I have a couple mini amps real clean if interested to use on the components and sub, that will not take up alot of space if any at all. just PM me

budget?

"Willing to spend some money on decent equipment but not going crazy"

too relative

$100?
$500?
$1000?
$3000?

My budget would be around $750 max, ideally a little less.
Since this is a front seat only, standard cab, there is not a lot of room behind the seats, I'd estimate about 9" of depth and maybe 16" in height, but could be a little more.
How would wiring the aftermarket amp be done, does it get line level inputs spliced from wires that go into the factory head unit? And then the two door speakers and sub get wired directly from the amp?

My budget would be around $750 max, ideally a little less.
Since this is a front seat only, standard cab, there is not a lot of room behind the seats, I'd estimate about 9" of depth and maybe 16" in height, but could be a little more.
How would wiring the aftermarket amp be done, does it get line level inputs spliced from wires that go into the factory head unit? And then the two door speakers and sub get wired directly from the amp?
Some amps have line level inputs, otherwise you should buy an LOC.

Unless Ford changed something the speakers in the doors should be 6x8. JBL Stadium series components are very nice, used them in my brother's 250 and they're now living in mine since he drove his into the ground. They get plenty loud on 80-90W a side.

If you're going for simplicity you might just see if someone makes an all-in-one powered subwoofer that fits behind the seat of a standard cab. Might call up Crutchfield and see what they have to offer for amps with line level inputs and powered subwoofer system that'll fit your vehicle.

Some amps have line level inputs, otherwise you should buy an LOC.

Unless Ford changed something the speakers in the doors should be 6x8. JBL Stadium series components are very nice, used them in my brother's 250 and they're now living in mine since he drove his into the ground. They get plenty loud on 80-90W a side.

If you're going for simplicity you might just see if someone makes an all-in-one powered subwoofer that fits behind the seat of a standard cab. Might call up Crutchfield and see what they have to offer for amps with line level inputs and powered subwoofer system that'll fit your vehicle.

I was going to run those same Jbl's before I went insane about the car. Glad I would've made a good choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...