Which would you choose- (1) jl 13tw5 or (2) polk mm 10"???

stonedge
10+ year member

bc
Hi guys its a toss up and I ordered the polk mm 10" dvc's (2) today but need verification - tomorrow before shipped to me. I am wondering if I should switch to the jl 13TW5 which was my original choice. I'm a family man so no need for a massive setup, just some thump that will blend well with the front stage.

It will be run off of a PG ti 600.2 so should push the same power 650ish to each setup.

Polk Pro's over JL - saves me about 150. If 1 goes I will still have the other until replacement comes, more versatile load than JL

Con's - mounting under rearseat of the tundra 6" depth and I may have to add spacers to the seat/work a bit more to fit them in (1.3 cu ft after sub displacement)

JL Pro's over Polk- 1 sub, will fit without any modifications, just a simple underseat box.

Con's If it breaks, no sound until replaced. More expensive. 3 ohm load ***** if anything happens to the PG amp.

If you had to choose this for yourself, which route do you go? Thanks guys.

neither. check out these brands. Sundown audio , Digital Designs , Audioque , Sound solutions audio , stereo integrity , Fi car audio , elemental designs. Thats just a few that will put jl or polk subs out in the cold , FOR LESS MONEY!!!

thanks for the reply, I have 6" of total depth that I am working with as only 1 sub from those companies fits that criteria (4.5 depth and under). I know there are better subs but I have a max of 1.3 cu ft to work with and a max depth of 6" without adjustments. I dont want to compromise any more space either. I was inline for the SI's however the few Nick had, sold and I checked 50 minutes after he posted for sale. Also, because parts are an issue I dont want to be sitting without a sub for six months should anything happen. If he had an endless supply the SI's would be at the top of the list //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As it stands, JL= no mods, polk I may have to raise the seat a hair. This vehicle does carry kids at times so I dont want inconveniences either.

i completely feel you on the kids part. I got rid of my pickup because i couldnt have a system and my kids in that vehicle. LOL. Well good luck , i'm too tired to even think right now. I'll hit this thread up tomorrow if i come up with any ideas.

Of all those other "options" the only one that is compatible with his constraints is the Stereo Integrity. I'm working under the back seat of a crew cab as well. I waited until the SIs were available because I wasn't going to raise the seat and I couldn't find another option that would fit. If you're not too hard on equipment, the JL would get my vote. If there were no space constraints the SSA subs would be my choice but sometimes what fits is what goes. The 3 ohm load isn't an issue, any 2 ohm capable amp will drive it fine.

I too have a tundra and asked about sub suggestions, I originally was going to go the Polk MM route also, but I think I possibly could fit a sa8 firing rearward under the back seat. But I have not got a good suggestion for subs that fit the criteria, good luck.

I just bought a polk MM 10" I got it for $90 new I got it going under my rear seat in my avalanche. Im going to be running everything off a kicker 700.5. Im about to put a 2 jl 10w6 in my 350z on a 5 channel memphis belle. I dont feel like you could go wrong with ether one

Has anyone heard the MM10 in person? I dont have many car audio shops in my area so selection is limited on what I can hear in person. Also whats the opinion on the memphis S series slim woofer how do they compare

i haven't heard the memphis or polks , but will tell you this..............the jl *****! me and my brother tried it in multiple sized enclosures from .5 to 1.5 cu ft. and it just didnt get loud. It didn't sound bad per say , it just didn't hold a candle to his 10" SSA's.

I dont like the JL stuff not the sound I like for some reason. Every tundra forum says go with the JL stealth box and a w7 8" but I dont think spending that kind of coin would be worth it at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.