Which woofer to pick?

Gbob2003
10+ year member

Great Odens Raven
So I am in the market for a new woofer. Right now im looking for like 1750 to 2500 rms. What do you guys think. Any preferances? Im currently thinking as of right now either:

SSA ZCON, ZV4, SP4, Mayhem, death penalty or a lvl 4xl. Any thoughts? I want a really low end monster that sounds good on all freqs. Any input helps guys, Also looking at it being a single 15" setup. Thanks guys

The amount of room you have for an enclosure is infinitely more important than the sub you buy. You could buy the best sub ever, put it in the wrong box and you'd have a crappy sounding setup... especially if your goal is low end extension.

So, once you know how much space you have then you can decide what kind of enclosure you can accommodate and then, you can start hunting a sub to stick in there.

The amount of room you have for an enclosure is infinitely more important than the sub you buy. You could buy the best sub ever, put it in the wrong box and you'd have a crappy sounding setup... especially if your goal is low end extension.
So, once you know how much space you have then you can decide what kind of enclosure you can accommodate and then, you can start hunting a sub to stick in there.
^^^^^^^ great advice. you need to know what size box you can use, then go from there.

like said the best sub will play,sound like crap in the wrong box ( meaning to small a box for the sub) .

just to give you an idea i have a sq hdc3 15" that sub likes 5.00^3 per sub. my box is that.

tantric hdd 15. low end monsters awesome sql sub. will laugh at a clean 2500 rms and to date best sub i have owned. just so happens i know where a hdd 15 with a fresh d2 recone with cf dust cap might be.

i can't speak for the lvl 5 as the only dc i had the pleasure of messing with was a lvl 3 10. but as to the others it's all in preference. and whose nuts u wish to swing from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.