which way to face subs?

TypEL
10+ year member

i want to do a sealed box.with 2 plexi glass windows in the back to show magnets

i was wondering if i face the subs in the car...whats the advanteges and disvantages?

and the same goes to facing them into the trunk?

my box will be sealed off in a way.........so if yo ulooka t it from the trunk you wont see the insdie the car at all....same goes if you look into the trunk from iside the car

it will havy beaty trim............so let me know guys thanx

well, this is an age old question..

facing backwards, you can gain up to 2 db! Just by what they call "corner Loading" actually uses your trunk as an enclosure, only down side to this is the rattle? A little dynamat will fix that though

facing them forwards, if the seat is up will actually muffel the sound. Put the seat down, and it will sound clean, but not that loud in comparision to the corner loading effect.. best bet is to just try them both and see what way suits you

Mark LaFountain

has anyone ever tried to place the subs on the sides of a trunk instead of the front or back of a trunk???

what would happen??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by chinxtaboi has anyone ever tried to place the subs on the sides of a trunk instead of the front or back of a trunk???

what would happen??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
the sound would bounce from side to side and you wouldn't hear a thing

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Originally posted by ace7733  

the sound would bounce from side to side and you wouldn't hear a thing

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
i dont believe this for a second..... but im not about to cut my box in half and check...lol

well it was a joke...you can still hear people's bass when your next to them at a stoplight and the subs aren't facing you

try it both ways! it actually depends on the sub and enclosure type. i had my 10" HCCA facing the rear and it pounded. but when i switched it around it did pound at all. ok try this on for size. put you subs in you car facing the front. see how it sounds with the trunk lid closed. then open the trunk lid. if it sounds better with the trunk lid open then they need to face the rear of the car. but if it sounds better with lid closed then that is the way they should face.

has anyone ever tried to place the subs on the sides of a trunk instead of the front or back of a trunk???

what would happen??

You won't have bass that "you can't hear", but there will more than likely be a good bit of cancellation with the subs facing each other like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.