Which TV to buy as monitor

Which TV?

• Sony Bravia

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other ( Please post what you have in mind )

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
i don't trust samsung as far as quality goes. But their screens might be different than their phones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
troof on that

True I forgot about the graphics card..
My laptop got an output at 720p..

I forgot all about that, my bad..

But like evry1 says, if you re not going to be close to the monitor then you'll be fine
I guess it depends on what your definition of fine is.
One thing is for sure, though, and that is that 1080p will be better for PC use (sharper text, less/no need for anti-aliasing, much more usable desktop space for multi-tasking or even certain single tasks (i.e. spreadsheets), etc.) ... The only exception would be if you're blind as a bat, then larger pixels would probably help as characters, icons, etc. would be larger ...

I own the Sony Bravia, the Samsung 330, 650, and 750, as well as a few Panny's. Depending on what you are using your monitor for, (gaming or not), that will play a big part in it. If you are using it for gaming, get a newer Samsung model. The refesh is a lot better than the older ones.

The 330 is okay, the 550 is better, and the 750 is very, very nice.

You say you don't want 1080p, but if you are gaming, you will. Especially with the 360 or PS3.

Check out the ln32a540. It's the 550, but the 720p version. Maybe it will suit you, and it can be found for around $600. Whatever you get, make sure you get an extended warranty of atleast three years.

It's a budget TV, just like Westinghouse. It's capable, but nowhere near the quality of real brands. The contrast, color accuracy, and especially black levels are never up to par.

The only experience I have with TVs like this is seeing them on a shelf at WalMart, looking, saying no, and moving on.

It's a budget TV, just like Westinghouse. It's capable, but nowhere near the quality of real brands. The contrast, color accuracy, and especially black levels are never up to par.
The only experience I have with TVs like this is seeing them on a shelf at WalMart, looking, saying no, and moving on.
Yeah that's what I figured. I think I will just spend the extra $100 for a name brand TV that has good reliability and features. Although for the price the Costco one is def hard to beat. I'm still looking pretty hard at the 1080P Toshiba I posted. It's about $100 more shipped. ( less than that actually since I would pay tax on the Sceptre ) and it's at least a brand I have heard of with decent reviews. Thanks again guys for all the suggestions and comments. I'm probably gonna pick something up this weekend or next week. Whatever I decide on I'll post up and give a review for anyone else that might be looking.

My friend has a 50" samsung projection DLP, its 720p, and he uses it for his monitor. Looks fine to me, could be a bit clearer I suppose, but if your not wanting to spend the cash on 1080p, you will be happy with it.

I spent the extra on a 1080p set, and am glad I did. If you got that HD-DVD/Blu Ray drive, why not just get a 1080p, and take full advantage of that.

My friend has a 50" samsung projection DLP, its 720p, and he uses it for his monitor. Looks fine to me, could be a bit clearer I suppose, but if your not wanting to spend the cash on 1080p, you will be happy with it.
I spent the extra on a 1080p set, and am glad I did. If you got that HD-DVD/Blu Ray drive, why not just get a 1080p, and take full advantage of that.
Yeah I'm really considering the 1080P Toshiba now. Anyone have one of these?

The Sceptre 1080P from Costco with tax and shipping came to $661.81 ( just logged in and added it to my cart )

The Toshiba 1080P comes to 709.90 shipped. Not a huge difference.

Which Toshiba are you considering? The Kuro's are nice televisions for sure. It was the only one I found comparable to the Samsung 750 I bought, but the Samsung was much cheaper and feature rich.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Paaco1981

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Paaco1981
Wilmington,NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies