Which TV to buy as monitor

Which TV?

• Sony Bravia

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other ( Please post what you have in mind )

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Paaco1981
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I built myself a new computer last week and I'm going to pick up a 32" LCD to run as a monitor and watch Blu Ray movies on. I have narrowed my search down to 2 models that cost the same. Which one looks better to you and why?

PC Specs:

Phenom 9850 BE@ 2.8ghz

4 Gigs OCZ Plat 1066 Ram

Evga Geforce 8800GTS

LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo drive

32" Samsung

32" Sony Bravia

Both are 720P with good reviews. Please don't tell me I need a 1080P TV to take advantage of the Blu Ray movies. On a 32" TV the difference between 720 and 1080 is honestly so unnoticeable that it's not worth the extra $200-$300 to me.

i love the samsungs, but my sister got a Sony Bravia and its definantly a nice tv, i dont think you will be dissapointed in either.

Samsung.

Because I love how it looks.. It got a cool design and nice finish around the TV.. I would pick up 50" Samsung 1080p HDTV in a heartbeat if I could afford it..

Plus for some reason when I'm looking at TV's at stores, Samsung TV's always have stood out to me..

i don't trust samsung as far as quality goes. But their screens might be different than their phones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah I looked at them both, they both have a very good picture. I will enjoy either one. I'm just looking for something to push me one way or the other.

samsung has GREAT reviews on the new lcd tvs some of the best around but as far as longevity .. who knows no one has had time to see how long they really last...

Also, it doesnt say in those sites, but I would say number of HDMI inputs would play a major role for me..

Even though you may not be using the HDMI inputs at all, it might be useful in the future

Also, it doesnt say in those sites, but I would say number of HDMI inputs would play a major role for me..
Even though you may not be using the HDMI inputs at all, it might be useful in the future
The only HDMI I will be using is to connect to my PC. I have an HDMI-DVI Cable to use. Only other input it will use is the red/blue/green for my Satellite.

I built myself a new computer last week and I'm going to pick up a 32" LCD to run as a monitor and watch Blu Ray movies on. I have narrowed my search down to 2 models that cost the same. Which one looks better to you and why?
PC Specs:

Phenom 9850 BE@ 2.8ghz

4 Gigs OCZ Plat 1066 Ram

Evga Geforce 8800GTS

LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo drive

32" Samsung

32" Sony Bravia

Both are 720P with good reviews. Please don't tell me I need a 1080P TV to take advantage of the Blu Ray movies. On a 32" TV the difference between 720 and 1080 is honestly so unnoticeable that it's not worth the extra $200-$300 to me.
You don't need 720p to take advantage of Blu-Ray, but I can tell you 1366x768 looks like **** on a monitor that large ...
As for Samsung vs. Sony, Sony uses Samsung panels, so there won't be a huge difference. Sony usually spends a little more on calibration, tuners, and filters, though, but generally charges quite a bit more. Samsung has much better service than Sony does, though.

Given they're the same price, I would probably opt for the Sony, personally. Of course, all this is moot as I would never recommend a 720p unit for PC use, anyways.

You don't need 720p to take advantage of Blu-Ray, but I can tell you 1366x768 looks like **** on a monitor that large ...
As for Samsung vs. Sony, Sony uses Samsung panels, so there won't be a huge difference. Sony usually spends a little more on calibration, tuners, and filters, though, but generally charges quite a bit more. Samsung has much better service than Sony does, though.

Given they're the same price, I would probably opt for the Sony, personally. Of course, all this is moot as I would never recommend a 720p unit for PC use, anyways.
???

I got a 42" 720p/1080i

looks great.. not shitty at all, but of course I would take 1080p over my tv.. but I cant complain as of now since it is in my budget..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...