2012 Ford F250 Build Log

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello all, I was a member here years ago and have taken a bit of time out of the car audio scene, but I am ready to get back! I have been lurking on the board for a few months, so I suppose it is time to give something back. I'll be periodically updating the build log as I progress throughout the long weekend. Here is the gear going in:

(2) Alpine 8" Type R's (both in 1 ft^3 sealed, single chamber enclosure)
(4) Hifonics ATL5768CX (5" x 7" coaxial speakers rated at 50 watts RMS)
(1) Hifonics BRX5000.5 (Sub Channel - 700 watts @ 2 ohms, Speaker Channel - 60 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms)
(1) JVC KW-AV61 DVD Receiver
1/0 AWG Knukonceptz wiring
Below is what I have so far and a pic of the truck.

F250_zps78b9a899.jpg

Box_NoSub_zpsf5523a1e.jpg

JVC_zps65701bee.jpg

Update for today: Installed the JVC head unit. What a pain in the @ss, the mounting kit did not match the required height of the head unit for the dashboard to fit on properly. I simply modified the holes in the plastic mounts by drilling new ones in the side. I also received my 'Knu' 1/0 awg wiring today, which I'll install tomorrow.

HU_Installed_zps59140aaf.jpg

1AWG_zpsa2800e55.jpg

Additionally, I think I will install an equalizer in the small console below the A/C unit. The JVC only has 2 volt signal outputs and a 3 band equalizer. I am thinking a Pioneer single DIN or solid 1/2 DIN will suffice for my needs, however I will need to upgrade my front stage. Any suggestions?

Update for the day: Installed the amplifier wire. It has been years since I installed car audio equipment, man am I rusty. I forgot how much of a pain it is to fit large gauge wire in terminals/fuse holders! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif In other news, installing in the base model Super Duty (XL) is very convenient, everything snaps on/off easily and most of the stuff is cheap and durable - so there is no fear of breaking/trashing the interior!

bat1_zps678bd384.jpg

seat_zps574508d4.jpg

under_zps8e4f9fa4.jpg

Is there a particular reason you went under the truck instead of through it?
Simply to avoid cutting a hole in my firewall. Also, there is a port in the rear of the supercab that made it convenient to put the huge 1/0 awg through - this will help facilitate mounting my amp directly behind the passenger side seat as the wire is already elevated. also, I was having serious problems getting the 1/0 to fit under the side panels without the rubber seal popping off!

If you are gonna run the wire underneath like that, it would be highly advisable to invest in tech flex or something of the equivalent to protect the wire

like the rest i would re run that power wire inside, you shouldn't have to drill a hole I did a f250 same year, and had no problem with 4 gauge through the factory grommet, at lest cover it in some loom or something, or mount it higher up.

other than that looks like it should be a decent set up.

Well, i took all of your advise and reinstalled the 1/0 awg wire. I went to Lowes and picked up a wire sheath for home electrical wiring, it isn't the prettiest but it should be functional and it was $3 for 10 ft! I added a bit of flexible sheathing to go around the cab where there is some significant chassis rubbing. Additionally, I wrapped the left side of the fuse holder/wire in electrical tape (not shown in pic) to increase the strength and prevent water from getting in the fuse holder/sheathing.

Batt2_zpsa044783a.jpg

under2_zps8d32cc2d.jpg

Under3_zpsf95061d5.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.