which sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PatFitz9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Chicago
hey, i am looking at 2 12's. i think i have narrowed it down to SS RL-P, Treo TSX, or RE SX. which would be the best? they are all about the same price, so that isn't an issue. they will be going in a 93 explorer, but possibly a civic within the next couple months.

hey, i am looking at 2 12's. i think i have narrowed it down to SS RL-P, Treo TSX, or RE SX. which would be the best? they are all about the same price, so that isn't an issue. they will be going in a 93 explorer, but possibly a civic within the next couple months.

no answer to that question. Fill us in on more info: what amp do you have, sealed or ported, box volume, coil configs, SPL or SQ, as much info as possible. Then someone MIGHT could answer your question.

well the box would be different for each sub, since i haven't built it yet. i have the room for a ported box, but i haven't set my mind on only ported or only sealed.

and the amp is currently a Kenwood KAC-X810D. depending on the subs, i might change that too. i was looking at the eD 9.1. i think the SX is the only one that isn't 4 ohm DVC is the SX, thats a 2 ohm DVC.

i am not a competitor, so SPL isn't a huge issue. i want the subs the sound good, but still be pretty loud.

well the box would be different for each sub, since i haven't built it yet. i have the room for a ported box, but i haven't set my mind on only ported or only sealed.
and the amp is currently a Kenwood KAC-X810D. depending on the subs, i might change that too. i was looking at the eD 9.1. i think the SX is the only one that isn't 4 ohm DVC is the SX, thats a 2 ohm DVC.

i am not a competitor, so SPL isn't a huge issue. i want the subs the sound good, but still be pretty loud.
cool. You looking to keep as much cargo area as possible in the truck? I've only heard the SX of the subs listed, and liked my SE's better.

2 4ohm DVC and the eD9.1 would work well together.

Best SQ = sealed. More volume and still sound good = ported, tuned LOW.

MOST conveinent, sealed right behind the back seat, easy access to the cargo area. Maybe running up one side too. In an Explorer, try a low-tuned(in the upper 20s) ported box w/subs facing the well, port to the rear. That'll give you a solid wall in the cargo area and some good bass.

Which sub? Fs and Vas come in to play..lower Fs(for tuning) and smaller Vas would help keep the box smaller.

that's just my thoughts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.