Which sub would you choose?

BTF

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oklahoma
Adding subs on a budget and I have it narrowed down to a few, but would like people's opinions on them. Car is an Elantra sedan, factory HU, using a basic LOC for signal. Amp will be a Taramps, model dependent on sub(s). I'll be building a ported enclosure. I listen to a mix of rap/dubstep/alt rock. Looking for SQ first, SPL second.

Based on my budget and space limitations, I can do 2-12s using a pair of Ampere 2.5RVE or D.C. Level 2, or I can do a single 12 using either a Skar VXF, FI XV3, SSA Gcon or SSA Icon.

Which would you choose???

Adding subs on a budget and I have it narrowed down to a few, but would like people's opinions on them. Car is an Elantra sedan, factory HU, using a basic LOC for signal. Amp will be a Taramps, model dependent on sub(s). I'll be building a ported enclosure. I listen to a mix of rap/dubstep/alt rock. Looking for SQ first, SPL second.

Based on my budget and space limitations, I can do 2-12s using a pair of Ampere 2.5RVE or D.C. Level 2, or I can do a single 12 using either a Skar VXF, FI XV3, SSA Gcon or SSA Icon.

Which would you choose???

Ampere 2.5RVE for if you do dual ported

If you go with the single ported, then my order would be Skar XVF > SSA Icon > Gcon > XV3

The Alphas need a really big enclosure, so I can't consider them.
Yeah I just saw that. Wow, huge difference.

For what it's worth I think the Ampere is still the better choice with 2, but not by much over the Fi if you had the space. As for the other 4 the top 2 contenders are closely matched in my opinion.

Thanks Kush, would only be able to do one 12, but I suppose I should consider DD!

Don't go by msrp pricing you see online. Stop by a local dealer, they are less expensive than you think. It's a brick and mortar only company so they protect their dealers with a high advertised msrp. Great performing product that holds its resale value.

Don't go by msrp pricing you see online. Stop by a local dealer, they are less expensive than you think. It's a brick and mortar only company so they protect their dealers with a high advertised msrp. Great performing product that holds its resale value.
No, I mean I don't have the space for 2 of those 612s. I could do 2 610s if I could get them for about $50 off msrp each.

Ive got 4 of these in 10s and 12s. They do great in 4.0@32 htz for a pair/ get down pretty decent for the $

Ive got 4 of these in 10s and 12s. They do great in 4.0@32 htz for a pair/ get down pretty decent for the $
Those have a pretty low EBP for ported. 43.76 generally you'd put that in a sealed enclosure. The 10's are 60.56 though, so that's not too bad.

Those have a pretty low EBP for ported. 43.76 generally you'd put that in a sealed enclosure. The 10's are 60.56 though, so that's not too bad.
Sound and perform pretty darn good in ported enclosure.I wouldnt buy or spend $ on 8 subs if they didnt perform to my expectations

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.