which sub is better??

ghost117
10+ year member

just want to know which 1 i should go with??

JBL-P1224

Description300mm (12") Plus One Dual-Voice-Coil Subwoofer

SeriesPower

Power handling, RMS400W

Power handling, peak1200W

Frequency Response23Hz – 200Hz

Sensitivity94dB

Impedance2 ohms/8 ohms

ConeKevlar®-impregnated-paper woofer cone, Plus One cone

Coil76mm voice coil, Dual 4-ohm voice coils

Vented polepieceYes

Aluminum die-cast frameYes

Mounting Depth149mm (5-7/8")

OR

RE SX PRO

• Dual Composite 2-piece Cone

• Rubatek Foam Surround

• Cast Aluminum Basket

• Tork-Tite Terminal

• 3” 8-layer Aluminum Voice Coil

• FEA-optimized Motor Structure

• Triple-stack Magnets

• Progressive Spiders

• Wrap-arround Rubber Gasket

• Nominal Impedance: Dual 2 or 4 Ohm

• Power Handling: 1000W (RMS)

i have heard the JBL and it is very impressive buy not sure about the RE

Id go with the sub you have room for with a properly built enclosure.The JBL may sound so much better than the RE just for the fact of how well the enclosure is built,and what application /vehicle it will be installed in.Deadening material used or not,type of enclosure ect.Sure the RE takes more power,but that doesn't justify that that sub is any better.JBL has been around for years, and has thrived on perfection,over the years.JBL make some fantastic products,always have of theyre top lined.RE line of subs have diminished the past couple of years.For SQ Id go with the JBL,or do more research and look at some other offerings.I like the JBL out of the two chosen.

i'd have to agree with @audiobaun ; here.just because it takes more power doesnt mean it will sound better ,with 700 rms the jbl will prolly sound better and be louder ,but you may want to find a better jbl sub to , something that more suited for your app.

thanks 4 the input people....i think i will go with the jbl cuz i am looking for SQ

i just need some dimensions for the box.....if you'll got any plans/specs for a recommended enclosures plz share. thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.