Which single 8" sub is the loudest?

str86diesel
10+ year member

The wife needs help choosing a sub for a box that will be going in her truck. The box is only .5cf (she refuses to give up any storage in her truck), so of course this is pretty much limited to an 8 (or possibly 10) inch sub. Which single do you guys think would be the loudest, deepest sub?

I was looking at RE, Kicker, JL audio..etc. I am just not sure which one would be the best performer?

Thanks

I heard a 8" w7 in a slot ported box which was pretty big and it was pretty **** loud.

However if she really wants space and doesn't already have the box I'd reccomend the old style infinity basslink (with the 2 10"s). I have one and it's loud enough for me under normal driving conditions, it maxes about 120db on the dash in my honda wagon.

I've never heard good things about the basslink. Looks like an overpriced piece of junk to me...it's more or less a reference sub being fed 200w rms.

Now, I have heard good things about the 8" solo baric kicker puts out. The extra cone area moves a good bit more air even though it's still 8". I've never been crazy about kicker SQ, but if loudness is what you want, it should do nicely.

With the right box design you can get a ton of output from an 8. The kicker L7 8" I believe hit 147.8 or something like that once upon a time....now granted that was a transmission line box, or something with similar theory, and in a hatchback...but that's loud. My vote goes to kicker, extra cone area, good power handling.

JL 8W7 if price is not a concern. RE 8 Ported would work, if you can find an ED 8A or big 8A those would be good choices as well. There is also the IDQ V.3 8 which is a very nice sub. Also Tangband 8 would work well for like 35 bucks...

The new ED 11Kv.2 (10") says it works in a .4 - .6 cuft box. Good price @ $80 with the pre-sale.

Also be careful with mounting depths on subs like the 8w7... the sub assembly itself practically displaces .5 cuft.

When and if IA ever makes a DP 8" that would be so awsome... I would buy up at ton of them and have a crazy 8 fest in my trunk...lol. I would say the 8L7 would probably be the best 8 out there but that is my opinion.

id get her a funky pup. whoops! they only come in six packs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

id get her a funky pup. whoops! they only come in six packs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif
I think that joke was buried into the ground about 3 years ago, and yet continually comes up weekly and continues to not be amusing...

I think that joke was buried into the ground about 3 years ago, and yet continually comes up weekly and continues to not be amusing...
You were continually correct on that post.. :]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.