Which PIONEER PREMIER?

im gonna go ahead and disagree. looks are all about opinion.
Personally I think they both look good in their own ways. The 780 is more colorful look for those who want a colorful display. The 880 has a more clean, high end and elegant look to it which is what some people like. I personally like the look of the 880 better but I also have an 860 and a P9 so I prefer the cleaner look.

To the original poster: If you want to go active you definintely want the 880 since the 780 doesn't allow for this.

gopiong active is best explained in the manual, but you need a 4 channel amp for it to work first of all........

Yeah I have a 1992 PPI Art 4 ch. waiting to be hooked up lol. Besides the looks, is there much difference between the 980 and 880? And does the 880 have the Auto-eq with Mic function and Auto Time Align. that come with higher end Premiers?

Yeah I have a 1992 PPI Art 4 ch. waiting to be hooked up lol. Besides the looks, is there much difference between the 980 and 880? And does the 880 have the Auto-eq with Mic function and Auto Time Align. that come with higher end Premiers?
The 980 has that niceass screen, you will find the 880 easier to use though and the 880 screen grows on you to where you cant imagine anything else. Yes it has Auto TA and EQ along with manual TA.

OK. Read all the specs and everything associated with the units. It's between 980 and 880 now. Which one if you could afford both?

DEPENDS ON You this time, i dont care about the colour screen and i like the 880's look better, and the BT is not something ill be using so i dont want to pay for a "cool" function i wont be using

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.