Experience with Kenwood Warranty

lvfive.o
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Las Vegas
Has anyone ever sent anything back to Kenwood to be repaired under warranty. I just sent my piece of s**t DDX-7017 back to them as it has been broken in my truck for like 6 months and my warranty expires in September. I was just curious as when I could expect it back so I can reinstall it and make sure they actually repaired the piece of crap.

Kenwood has a few different authorized repair facilites.

Any work done under warranty generally will be warrantied for an additional 90 days.

In my experience anything we send back at our shop for repair that is kenwood (happens very rarely) gets fixed right the first time.

I had the first Kenwood Mask headunit....what a piece of ****! Darn thing was in the shop getting fixed more than it was in my car. For the 6 months I owned it, it was maybe in my car for a total of 1 to 1.5 months.

Anyways, turnaround was decently quick....as short as one week, no longer than 2 weeks. Too bad within 1 week of me getting it back, I'd have to turn around and send it in for repair work again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

From that point forward, I swore to never own another Kenwood product.

Did you have one of the ones with the D-Mask+ (motorized) or just the plain D-Mask (you had to manually rotate the face)?

I ask because constantly after Kenwood offered said faceplate design there were continual reports of the motorized version being more than a bit problematic and constant warranty work being required is my guess as to why that particular design was phased out (until it strangely returned in the KDC-X689 then disappeared again?)

On the flipside of that coin I have a KRC-608 cassette deck (last cassette HU I ever bought) with the manual D-Mask and it has never given me the first problem. I still use that deck occasionally for a source on my test bench.

Completely motorized, D-Mask+.

Worthless POS.

On the bright side, however, the faceplate had a few small scratches on it...and the last time they fixed it before I sold it, they replaced everything, so it had a brand new faceplate on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Allowed me to get a little more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif out of it since it looked virtually brand new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.