Which one of these amps should i buy for my subs?

yeah, they are 2 completely different things but what causes clipping? If i hook a 100 watt amp to a 200 watt sub all is fine IF the gains are set properly, but if I were a newbie and didnt know any better it is possible that the gains would be turned up to high on the amp trying to get more from the sub causing that square wave to be emmitted at higher volumes.

I do agree that underpowering a sub wont hurt it, but only if the gains are set properly

Originally posted by pburt yeah, they are 2 completely different things but what causes clipping? If i hook a 100 watt amp to a 200 watt sub all is fine IF the gains are set properly, but if I were a newbie and didnt know any better it is possible that the gains would be turned up to high on the amp trying to get more from the sub causing that square wave to be emmitted at higher volumes.

I do agree that underpowering a sub wont hurt it, but only if the gains are set properly
yes, this is right. I see what you mean.

Originally posted by pburt Yeah, i feel it is better to have too much power then not enough. more subs get destroyed through clipping then anything and in most cases its because the user is trying to get more out of the amp then it is capable of. the 1200.1 gains could be lowered to the subs handling range and not destroy it and allow you space to upgrade subs without buying a new amp. but here again, its just my opinion
Exactly what im sayin!

Originally posted by pburt I have had my experiences with profile and IMO they arent worth the money they cost. talking about something i dont know about??? practice what you preach comes to mind
Well ive used them and have had good results with them. I guess that your opion.

most profiles dont put out what they say, actually every line i have seen hasnt. its not as bad as legacy or pyramaid but it still overrated

Originally posted by dave_3148 most profiles dont put out what they say, actually every line i have seen hasnt. its not as bad as legacy or pyramaid but it still overrated
actually i have heard they are slightly underrated. but even if they are a little overrated...they still put out a good amount of power for the price. You can't expect it to compete with the expensive companies...since profile is about half the price. thast why people say it is good for the price. and actually IMO...i think its one of the best amps for the price. for people that dont want to spend much at all (under $100) i recommend them profile amps all the time.

i agree with pburt... i dont think profile is all that, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....

for the people that think profile is the ****, have you tried other amps?? if so what kind...

I never said profile IS THE ****. I said it is good. You get what you paid for and BTW the profile i have at least does put out its power i checked it;) . Besides its not liek i can afford anything better. Ive used Power Acoustik amps before and like them too. My e pulse seires one is under rated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif. You can't expect to get JL quality at profile prices plain and simple.

-Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.