Which one of these amps should i buy for my subs?

318iSPOLKMoMo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First one i picked was the JBL BP1200.1 of course i would turn the gains down...

Second i picked was the PPI PCX-1250 because it has such little THD... but i hope its underrated....

Third was the Profile Clarus CL-1200... cuz its cheap and has alot of watts...

Which one of these do u think would be my best choice? Thanx

Originally posted by 318iSPOLKMoMo First one i picked was the JBL BP1200.1 of course i would turn the gains down...

Second i picked was the PPI PCX-1250 because it has such little THD... but i hope its underrated....

out of the 3 listed- PPI all the way. Profile?? what you need that big ass paper weight for?? I believe those #'s listed by profile are the infamous WLS numbers (WLS- when lightning strikes).

what about brax??

UMM guy profile is quite a good amp so don't talk about soemthing you dont know about ok.:p I go with The JBL because its undertaed cheap and does a good job at working hard heh.

Originally posted by 318iSPOLKMoMo First one i picked was the JBL BP1200.1 of course i would turn the gains down...

Unless you plan on upgrading subs in the future...the 1200.1 is useless....the 600.1 will suite those subs better....

Originally posted by avistar23 UMM guy profile is quite a good amp so don't talk about soemthing you dont know about ok.:p I go with The JBL because its undertaed cheap and does a good job at working hard heh.
I have had my experiences with profile and IMO they arent worth the money they cost. talking about something i dont know about??? practice what you preach comes to mind

Originally posted by pburt I have had my experiences with profile and IMO they arent worth the money they cost. talking about something i dont know about??? practice what you preach comes to mind
For the price, Profile is a very good line of amps...

Originally posted by snova031 For the price, Profile is a very good line of amps...
they very well could be, but the ones i have used or seen in use have all been crap. of course this is a message board and I have and am intitiled to my opinion and will stick by it.

profile may be a good choice for you, not for me

Originally posted by pburt they very well could be, but the ones i have used or seen in use have all been crap. of course this is a message board and I have and am intitiled to my opinion and will stick by it.

profile may be a good choice for you, not for me
I fully agree with you, every company will have people that have had problems with their products...its just those companies that take care of those problems that are the good ones...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by snova031 Unless you plan on upgrading subs in the future...the 1200.1 is useless....the 600.1 will suite those subs better....
actually there was a guy on here named TAYLOR and he had 1050 watts rms running to his type r 15.

Yeah, i feel it is better to have too much power then not enough. more subs get destroyed through clipping then anything and in most cases its because the user is trying to get more out of the amp then it is capable of. the 1200.1 gains could be lowered to the subs handling range and not destroy it and allow you space to upgrade subs without buying a new amp. but here again, its just my opinion

Originally posted by pburt Yeah, i feel it is better to have too much power then not enough. more subs get destroyed through clipping then anything and in most cases its because the user is trying to get more out of the amp then it is capable of. the 1200.1 gains could be lowered to the subs handling range and not destroy it and allow you space to upgrade subs without buying a new amp. but here again, its just my opinion
clipping and underpowering are 2 completely different things...
A sub can NEVER be harmed with too little power(as long as the power it's seeing is 'clean'(not square waves))

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.