Which line converter do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MWauge

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
I am building a system for my 2022 Silverado and retaining the factory head unit (non-Bose). I have purchased: Mosconi Pro 5/30 amp, 2 sets of Focal ES165KX2 speakers and a JL Audio Stealth box with Two 12TW3. Still haven't chosen a line converter/processor and that is where I am hoping for help.

My last system was: Same truck (2020) with factory head unit. I had a JL Audio HD9005 amp, JL Audio MicroSub with two 8W3v3 (blown away by the 8" subs!!) and Infinity Kappa 693c up front and Hertz DCX 690.3. I used a JL Audio Fix 86 processor. Although it sounded pretty good, I was disappointed.

I am 54 years old but I love LOUD music. I like 80s music because it sounds great loud. I like hard hitting SOLID base. I want to feel it hit my chest but not muddy chrome trim rattling. Hope that makes sense? My wife recently bought a Tesla and the SQ is AMAZING. It made me want to focus equally on SQ. I know I cheaped out on speaker in my last truck.

Two questions...

Will the new system be MUCH improved????

Am I losing SQ with the Fix 86 and if so, are there better options? My installer is talking about using high inputs ( I think. I'm not real bright in this area...LOL)

This is a large purchase for me and I'm nervous. All input is much appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...