Which is better. CT 3000.1D or Shark Audio 3500.1D ?

Like the title says.. Im wondering which is better. The shark is only $320 while the retail price of the CT sounds 3000.1D is $1,000. The shark is rated for much more and I watched a dyno of the shark where it met its ratings. I can get a CT3000.1D for $500 used, or get a new Shark 3500.1D .. What are you guys' opinions?

Like the title says.. Im wondering which is better. The shark is only $320 while the retail price of the CT sounds 3000.1D is $1,000. The shark is rated for much more and I watched a dyno of the shark where it met its ratings. I can get a CT3000.1D for $500 used, or get a new Shark 3500.1D .. What are you guys' opinions?
From what I've gathered CT Sounds doesn't exactly have the most reliability. I recently was between a CT 1400.1 and a SQ 2200, ended up with the SQ even though it wasn't local to me because of all the horrible reviews on the CT.

I haven't heard much for the Shark amps but I am going to get a Shark 2500 for my buddies birthday ($180 from an authorized dealer) so price wise it's ridiculous. I can ask how much he's got the 3500.1 going for right now too, he's selling below cost so I can't give a name right now.

Dear lord do not buy a **** Shark 3500. Just... don't.

The CT 3k is a unreliable copy of the best **** amp ever made. So if I have to pick between those two... I'd get the CT.

But if you have a $500 budget... there are better options.

Sent you a PM op

Keep eye out for Crescendo BC 3500, Soundqubed 3500, BRZ 2400's (strapped), Soundqubed 2200's strapped, Opti 4001d, Audiopipe APK amps, SAZ 2500, ton more but those are sometimes had in your price range and will do great power wise/quality

You can find repaired CT amps on eBay much cheaper. Believe they were all fixed of the issue.

One "issue" among others I'm sure is that the boards were not supported properly. Short of modifying the heatsink these "repaired" amps are likely no more reliable than they were when they came out of China in the first place.

Also, OP, please don't buy either of them. If you can't afford a reliable 3K amp, buy something smaller that won't light your car on fire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.