which budget 5 channel amp to get

sstumpf

Senior VIP Member
I am looking for a budget 5 channel amp. Something under $200 if possible. I know you cant get great quality for that. But I do know there are some decent sounding amps out there for that price. I have used a cheap PPI Black ice amp before for under $200 and it was a great amp for what it was.

I am going to be powering a set of Image Dynamics ctx65cs components in the front, Nothing in the back for right now, Still have stock bose in the rear. But will upgrade in the future. and two JL W0v3 10" subs.

ID comp set says power handling is 100w, Im only giving them 75w right now, and im happy with them.

JL WO 10" says optimum power is 250w.

So these are the amps that I am currently looking at. Any of these look good enough or does any one have experience with them, Or is there another one I should be looking at?

mb quart oa1100.5

MB Quart OA1000.5 1000W 5-Channel Onyx Series Car Amplifier

ppi ba 2200.5

Precision Power BA2200 5 Black Ice Series Class A B Amp 2 200W 5 Channel | eBay

powerbass 1100.5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UT40QI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687582&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00INA8X2Q&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ACVPB936G4JGEYJHSGW

Ok, that looks nice, But only thing that worries me is that it is only 60x4 at 4 ohms. I am getting 75w right now and the speakers are rated at 100w. So Im not sure but 60w will probably be to low for them.

Well I have heard mixed reviews on it, but as long as it does close to rated and sounds clean doing it then thats all I need. I will look into it a little more.

I bet that skar is a nice amp. But the sub channel is 150w under what I would like it. And i may not be able to tell a difference but I would just like to get closer to rated power of my components and subs.

Well, Thats a couple good comments on the powerbass, I may just have to go with that. If it is a clean sounding amp, that does close to rated, I will be happy.

There is a 5 channel Old school Autotek on the bay that is a nasty powerful Clean signal amp for like $250 or so. Great amp.Ive had one in the past and is an excellent amp with lots of clean power. Can use later for a 3-way setup for your front stage later as well and buy a beast sub amp in the future.Very under rated solid amp. If you can Find a US amp Merlin series 5 ch.(kinda hard to find at times) but that was one hell of an amp too and still performs nicely towards alot of High-end amps today for a fraction of the price.Never hurts to buy used,as there are several Gems that are out there

Well, I have another option. I was going to go with a 5 channel to save on space. But now that Im looking at it, If I keep it small, I could just add a mono amp that does around 500w. I have a diamond d6 600.4 under my seat right now powering my front components and I have always loved that amp. I used it in my old truck as well. So im thinking that just adding a small mono would be better.

Can I just use a distribution block to hook up the second amp. I have a 4 ga power wire running back there right now, from what I seen that will be enough to run both the amps.

I was looking at this amp, what do you guys think about it. Just seems like I can get a better quality mono for my budget vs a 5 channel.

http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-MRV-M500-V-Power-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B00BMR7UPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417853483&sr=8-1&keywords=ALPINE+MRV-M500

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.