Which bike?

hayabusa???

If you want to die in 2-3 months, sure. Seriously though, get something decent for 1st time riders, when you get some experience in, sell it and move up to more power/newer. I dont ride but thats what my bikers pals tell me.

As far as a hayabusa, they look nice and are fast as hell, but I see to many of them now a days.

x10000 busas are awesome looking bikes, but that's a lot of ****ing motorcycle

my next door neighbor back in kent put his friend's down on some gravel, and just a few body panels, a valve cover, and one muffler that got scratched cost $2900 to replace.

Unless your bank account is bottomless, those bikes are for highway cruising only.

That new 750 that they brought out a few years ago on the smaller 600 chassis, tho...... that'd be sex.

gianttricycle.JPG

hahaha fine. i'll go with your pick.

i have an 03 gsxr. cant go wrong with a suzuki and my insurance is only 50 dollars a month full coverage with state farm and im 21 yrs old. so look into multiple companys for insurance.
GSX-R 600 FTW!!!

how long have you been riding? and what was it when you were 18? Thanks for the input!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I'm 19. I've ridden since I was 16. My first bike was a GSX500 that was a POS that I rebuilt and then rode it till it died. While on it I took several Motorcycle safety foundation courses including basic/new rider and advanced rider. I then moved on to an '99 GSXR600 to get my skill level up and rid that for a full year. While on that I attended a few track days to get comfortable at speed and learn to take corners more aggresivly. I sold that last summer, took out a loan, and bought my current bike, an MV Agusta F4 SPR.

IMO, It would be reckless and irresponsible for any new rider (read as: never ridden a motorcycle on the road) to buy a newer sportbike. Buy an older GSX500, something that still has speed and the handling traits your going to experience on a real sportbike while learning to shift, brake, etc. And attend the safety courses, I consider myself to be an experienced rider and I'm still going to track days and riding schools. By a helmet and some leathers and lastly, Dont be another skid mark on the road...ride safe. Thank you and good night //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I'm 19. I've ridden since I was 16. My first bike was a GSX500 that was a POS that I rebuilt and then rode it till it died. While on it I took several Motorcycle safety foundation courses including basic/new rider and advanced rider. I then moved on to an '99 GSXR600 to get my skill level up and rid that for a full year. While on that I attended a few track days to get comfortable at speed and learn to take corners more aggresivly. I sold that last summer, took out a loan, and bought my current bike, an MV Agusta F4 SPR.
IMO, It would be reckless and irresponsible for any new rider (read as: never ridden a motorcycle on the road) to buy a newer sportbike. Buy an older GSX500, something that still has speed and the handling traits your going to experience on a real sportbike while learning to shift, brake, etc. And attend the safety courses, I consider myself to be an experienced rider and I'm still going to track days and riding schools. By a helmet and some leathers and lastly, Dont be another skid mark on the road...ride safe. Thank you and good night //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

thanks for the advice, my grandpa told me to take the safety classes and what not so i was gonna do that anyways. At first i was going to get like a 2003, but then i thought about it and since i've never ridden a sport bike, i figured it'd be smarter to get an older bike... i'm lookin at CBR 600's right now, just cuz they're still good bikes and they're the style i like

thanks for the advice, my grandpa told me to take the safety classes and what not so i was gonna do that anyways. At first i was going to get like a 2003, but then i thought about it and since i've never ridden a sport bike, i figured it'd be smarter to get an older bike... i'm lookin at CBR 600's right now, just cuz they're still good bikes and they're the style i like
Please dont. Its sad really taht you can get a brand spankin' new CBR600RR for $17/month. Of course thats with supperb credit but the fact remains...But definitly listen to your grandfather and get an older bike.

Good advice. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation puts on a local safety course here that only takes a few days, but everyone I have heard take it says they learned something. This includes people who have been riding for decades. It costs anywhere from $55 for an experienced rider to $250 for an absolute beginner then you go to the DMV and get your endorsement for about $10 after you finsh the course. It's money well spent.

I only wish I could buy a bike now, but I am waiting to finish college first. I am following j3bus2k3's advice and starting with a smaller engine then working my way up. In Europe I actually think you have to graduate to larger engine sizes by riding the smaller ones for a period of 6 months to a year.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

benvaldi88

10+ year member
b-valdi
benvaldi88
Rochelle, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date