Studder/delay on hard acceleration

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay... well i got my car all back together now. its a 99 dodge avenger with the 2.0 420a. I just pulled the whole engine and put a new clutch kit in and a brand new tranny... my speed sensor was messed up from the other tranny blowing a hole through the casing so i had to get the plastic internal part from a dealer, sense my sensor itself was still good. Well, i was driving around without the sensor in just to make sure i was alright... and if i floored it in any gear the car would bog down real low and backfire until i let up, then it would jump on it. Now that i got the speed sensor in it still does it, but not near as bad. On any launch/hard shift or fast acceleration i get a studder. Its almost as if i launch, hit 2nd and the sound and feeling i get would be almost as if your tires are spinning... as if you had low traction. It will studder for a little and then all of a sudden kick again... as if you gained traction again. It wont do this unless you are hard on it but it never did it before... this is the first time ive ever pulled an engine or done this kind of work so really im kinda clueless. The book i have says could be the fuel lines...which i put the old seals back in but it would be kinda obvious if they were leaking id think. Another thing is said is my vacuum lines could be leaking... but i only disconnected 2 lines that looked like vacuum and they are both together right. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Im just kinda lost... maybe this is just because its a new tranny and needs to wear in, maybe it could be clutch slipping since its brand new... maybe stupidity... or could just be pure ignorance. Whatever it is, im lost and lookin for someone that has done this before and maybe had the same thing happen?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

i think you'd be able to tell if the clutch was slipping cuz thats usually more of the engine starting to free rev a bit before it grabs. but it doesnt sound like a fuel delivery problem. the lines dont have to be leaking, its possible that there is some kind of restriction prohibiting quick fuel delivery.... maybe a quick fuel pressure check to start things off

i think you'd be able to tell if the clutch was slipping cuz thats usually more of the engine starting to free rev a bit before it grabs. but it doesnt sound like a fuel delivery problem. the lines dont have to be leaking, its possible that there is some kind of restriction prohibiting quick fuel delivery.... maybe a quick fuel pressure check to start things off
It said that in the book too... but i was lost on how to do it. If i just went to autozone im sure id get the hookup but... how do you fix that? i mean if its too low how would i get my pressure back?

ill say it again check out Aseclub.net you will find anything and everything about are cars.
Thanks, i registered but i have to wait. How does that L7 sound in the avenger? i might get 2 of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.