Which bike?

you still haven't backed up your post of calling me an idiot. You have an 06 gsx600 maybe that's why you are attacking me. I'm not saying 600s **** I am saying I would much rather prefer a 750 or a 1000 as I am sure you would to. I like to plan ahead I would get a 750 instead of getting a 600 then wanting to sell it after a couple of months too much hasstle when you can do it the 1st time. so please explain exactly why I am an idiot for suggesting a higher cc bike, I will gladly edit my post if your answer is pursuasive to me.

i dont own a bike,i have only rode other peoples bikes(i have rode yamaha fzr 600genesis, an r6 and a suzuki gsx750) so you probally have a lot more expirence riding. but that still gives you no reason to call me an idiot without backing up your post(which you still havent done) i gave my reasons why,and you havent yet. so please will you explain to me why i am an idiot for posting that,i want to know for future refereance. thanks

A human life is nothing to play with, I have a feeling even though you rode your friends bikes before, you don't know what these bikes are capable of. I have had to many friends an such killed, to let someone who doesn't know anything about bikes suggest to a beginner to go big first, so later he wont want something bigger.

That my friend, is idiotic. And it disgusts me.

Hop on a newer 600, punch it....you probably wont be on the seat too long.

Death is not a joke. Learn about what your suggesting first, don't go in the dark an tell someone to do something that could EASILY cost his LIFE.

the 750 should be NOBODY's first bike....

that engine used to be sold on the bigger frame that the 1100 and 1300 are on

the 05 and 06 750 on the 600 chassis is a deathwish for an unexperienced rider

if i was going to suggest a NEW 1st bike, it'd be the sv650 or the sv650s.

it's cheap, it's light, and it's torquey as hell. It wont go 200mph, but zipping around town, it's **** near as fast as a 4-cylinder, and a hell of a lot easier for a beginner to control, and lighter to boot.

**** good bikes for the $$

Megalomaniac, i mean this in a nice way, you are an idiot. you don't even ride, so why suggest that? is your reasoning "you will grow out of a 600, they are too slow" so a 600 with a high 10 second 1/4 mile vs a liter bike with a low 10 second 1/4 mile is too slow? or, even an 11.5 1/4 mile. do you know how fast that is? FAST. a vette has a 1/4 mile in the 12s...

and how exactly is it easier to ride a bike with more power for a beginner? it's easier to turn the throttle a little bit and get a whole lot of unexpected power. it's also easier to misjudge the extra weight and dump the bike in a corner. it's easier to pop the wheel up and not know how to land, or worse, pop it up too high and loop it. i can keep going here...

anyways, you want some good advice? get a used ninja 500, or suzuki GS 500, learn to ride properly (MSF is free in IL), and sell the bike for around what you paid for it. then the next year, buy a nice SS (supersport) bike, be it a 600, 750, or even a 1k and blow past megalomaniac retardedly trying to operate a bike that has way to much power for him to handle. trust me, the learning curve is in your favor if you start small. to get to the same riding level by starting on a big bike, it will probably take you 2-3 times as long (that is if you still are able, and want to ride)

so there, how about you back up your idiotic comments Mega?

A human life is nothing to play with, I have a feeling even though you rode your friends bikes before, you don't know what these bikes are capable of. I have had to many friends an such killed, to let someone who doesn't know anything about bikes suggest to a beginner to go big first, so later he wont want something bigger. That my friend, is idiotic. And it disgusts me.

Hop on a newer 600, punch it....you probably wont be on the seat too long.

Death is not a joke. Learn about what your suggesting first, don't go in the dark an tell someone to do something that could EASILY cost his LIFE.
see i didnt know that. if you had told me that before you called me an idiot i might have edited my post. but to call me an idiot and not tell me why makes you an idiot. and i am only 17 bout to turn 18, i seek knoledge not judment of you. but i am sorry for your loss. hope i havent lost your respect

It shouldn't take losing a friend or family member to realize something, but unfortunately in the world of bikes, it happens alot more and more.

It truly is something that no one should experience, and it affects more than just the rider.

My MC club rode out to Oakland last week, for a Memorial Ride. It wasn't a fellow member who was killed though, it was his girlfriend who was on the back of his bike, who was an awesome girl. He is a very good, very experience rider, and he lost it on a twisty. He survived with a broken collar bone an road rash. He has to live with her death for the rest of his life.

man you guys are flaming him hard for suggesting a 750. while i understand where you all are coming from, it Really depends on the rider. some people are naturally skilled, some pick up riding very easily. also keep in mind how many kids rode dirt bikes for years or have been around motorcycles for a long time before riding themselves.

me personally, i had virtually no option of going with a 600 or 750 and most of the literbikes are pretty much the same size. i guess i'm pretty much too big for a crotch rocket but i ended up on a TL1000R and did just fine, about my only other choices were the busa, cbr 1100xx, zzr1200, zx12r, etc. never been on anything before, i took the msf rider course and i was one of the best in the class. the main thing is i knew better than to hop on and rip it, i started slow and just rode around town, getting used to the riding position and starting to lean a bit. i slowly bumped up the pace and started using more throttle as i felt confident that i could. by the time i had the bike for a couple weeks and i had gone faster and leaned more just a little bit more each time, i was pretty much able to keep up with any of my friends when they're ripping straight or knee draggin a curve. if you're mature enough to stay away from the throttle when you start out, you're fine, just pick a bike you're comfortable on. sometimes you have to swallow you're pride, the first time i swung my leg over something, i was in a large parking lot, going in a straight line... yea, i felt like a retard, but if i was on the street when i did that, i think it woulda been very likely i woulda either gone down or gotten hit.

do what you want man, the newer 600's arent slow, you just need to be in the power range which even i noticed when i switched bikes with a couple buddies... for example, an 03 R6 will pick up in first gear with me on it, it just takes til about 10.5-11k rpms and i'm a 350lb guy, so it does take power to do that.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why anyone "needs" more than 100 WHP on a vehicle that weighs less than 600 lbs with rider...

I'm waiting to hear an explanation of why anyone "needs" the latest race bike with lights to be cool when they never take it to the track and would never get anything near the most out of it if they did...

I'm waiting to hear why riding the same thing as everyone else makes you unique...

Speaking of something different, anyone ridden the new Daytona 675? Thinking about trading my Speed Four in on one.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why anyone "needs" more than 100 WHP on a vehicle that weighs less than 600 lbs with rider...
I'm waiting to hear an explanation of why anyone "needs" the latest race bike with lights to be cool when they never take it to the track and would never get anything near the most out of it if they did...

I'm waiting to hear why riding the same thing as everyone else makes you unique...

Speaking of something different, anyone ridden the new Daytona 675? Thinking about trading my Speed Four in on one.
Mine is 480 with rider, and pushing high 130's. And teh Daytona 675's are sum nice bikes, there like a pencil.

i cantread your name @dbeez.....but you have something most new riders dont.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

benvaldi88

10+ year member
b-valdi
benvaldi88
Rochelle, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date