suspension information

Participant count
  • Participant list

Symon_say
10+ year member

You can't get me
Hi

i want some info about suspension, coilover, lowering spring and that stuff, i have been trying to find it over internet but i have just found a lot of stores an none info, if someone knows about some pages that can bring me some light, i'll appreciate.

thanks

now if only you're lucky enough to have an established platform of vehicle in the realm of performance parts. my mazda6 lacks a lot for performance parts but i'm not doing a ton so it's sorta ok. the price's are just insane, good coilover's are goint to set me back 900-1500 bucks:(.

now if only you're lucky enough to have an established platform of vehicle in the realm of performance parts. my mazda6 lacks a lot for performance parts but i'm not doing a ton so it's sorta ok. the price's are just insane, good coilover's are goint to set me back 900-1500 bucks:(.
don't feel too bad man, although it seems like a lot of money if you dont plan on modding the car much.... a good set of coilovers are going to be costly for any car. ie, i'm looking at tein products with edfc and i dont plan on spending less than 2 grand.

Men you're ok, you have hope to wait for parts for your car, i have a Fiat Palio not sold in USA, and the performance parts area available in brazil, argentina and chile.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

don't feel too bad man, although it seems like a lot of money if you dont plan on modding the car much.... a good set of coilovers are going to be costly for any car. ie, i'm looking at tein products with edfc and i dont plan on spending less than 2 grand.
tein makes crap products in my experience dunno how you like them but i've had bad experience. i'm looking into koni shocks with eibach spotrline springs as a DIY coilover setup. then custom 3" downpipe with single cat to dual 2.5" exhaust tips coming off CP-E long tube headers and a CP-E MAFci(assuming i want to drop 500 bucks on it). i'm hoping for 250hp/240torque out of my little sedan.

Men you're ok, you have hope to wait for parts for your car, i have a Fiat Palio not sold in USA, and the performance parts area available in brazil, argentina and chile.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
i know the feeling man. most companies who make quality parts for the 6 are either horribly expensive or made in japan so cost a lot b/c of that.

tein makes crap products in my experience dunno how you like them but i've had bad experience. i'm looking into koni shocks with eibach spotrline springs as a DIY coilover setup. then custom 3" downpipe with single cat to dual 2.5" exhaust tips coming off CP-E long tube headers and a CP-E MAFci(assuming i want to drop 500 bucks on it). i'm hoping for 250hp/240torque out of my little sedan.
Well, my experiences are only with the upper end of their product line. I know their s-tech springs are nothing to brag about but neither are eibach products. Personally, I think there's nothing great about the results from just a simple performance spring and stiffer shock combo. What I'm trying to save for is Tein's super street damper with pillow ball upper mounts and the EDFC. I'd really like to go for their type N1 setup but I'm not going to do that unless I make the car into a race car. As far as cost effective street setups, I've had good luck with KYB AGX adjustables (pretty similar to one of Koni's models, I forget which) along with good springs, I've had Eibach pro-kits before as they weren't bad but not all that stiff, sportlines are probably a bit on the stiffer side. Depending on parts availability for your application, I like to do the front and rear strut bars, along with beefier sway bars, lower tie bar if applicable and nice urethane bushings make a noticeable difference.

and what about the original thread questionabout suspensions, lowering spring, coilovers and those think i want to know the differences and advantages and disadvantages of the dif methods to lower a ride.

thanks

coilover= shock and spring. a coil- over get it?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif that's not a techincal explanation but it works. as for differences, springs can lower your ride and increase your spring rate making your ride stiffer on bumps. coilovers are much more precise in that you can typically adjust them to a closer setting of what you want, assuming the shocks are adjustable. the higher end one's like HKS, Tein high end are ok, billstein makes amazing suspension upgrades. all in all it again depends on your model of car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.