Which amplifier for component set

Participant count
  • Participant list

spike_e
10+ year member

ballin on a budget
I have 3 Amps that I can choose from without spending any more money right now.

1. Pioneer GM-A5602 (150rmsx2)
2. Power Acoustic BAMF 800/2 (150rmsx2)
3. Lanzar Vibe 266 (500rmsx2)

Both the lanzar and power Acoustic have a high pass filter but the pioneer doesn't.

Speakers are CDT HD-632. 200rms @ high pass 100hz

Run the Pioneer but use the head unit for the crossovers if you can. Otherwise step up to a Pioneer GM-D8604 or D8704 both can be had for around 200 bucks down the line when you can afford to upgrade. Both put out awesome numbers just put one in replacing a PPI i520.4 and the RMS is really nice on them using the DEH-80PRS to cross them for now till I put in a DSP. Pioneer 4 channels are known to put out more then what they claim RMS so take that into consideration as well. But not sure on the GM models though. Either way I would still take a Pioneer over those Power Acoustic and the Lanzar. Lots of people use Pioneer 4 channels these days because of the power and how clean they are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...