RCA inputs to a single RCA mono amplifier question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
head unit has left and right outputs JVC z1000

amp I am looking at has a single input for RCA.

my question is do you just use one of the outputs from the head unit to the single input of the amp

or do you use a Y splitter from the right and left outputs from the head unit and take it down to a single input to the amp

What amplifier? A lot of the Sundown SFB and SIA amps show only one input but you use both when connecting the RCA's to them same with Taramps as well since you can't use those as a slave amplifier setup.

looked at sundown SFB-1000B $190

looked a the soundstream Trantula TXP1.6000D around $190,, Big D had good things to say on this one

what ever amp I go with I will provably be turning down the power, subs are rated each at 250 watts RMS , subs using will be fosgate P2 8inch subs

head unit has left and right outputs JVC z1000

amp I am looking at has a single input for RCA.

my question is do you just use one of the outputs from the head unit to the single input of the amp

or do you use a Y splitter from the right and left outputs from the head unit and take it down to a single input to the amp

Use the splitter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...