Which amp wiring kit do i need? which capacitor do i need?

Hi everybody, i have a pair of component speakers in the front, and a pair of mid woofers in my back dash as well as a sub. I have two amps and a total of 2500 watts. Total rms is around 700 watts. Which amp wiring kit should i need? which guage, and which brand? Also which capacitor should i get? what should it come with and do the capacitors usually come with all essential wiring stuff???

Total rms is around 700 watts. Which amp wiring kit should i need? which guage, and which brand? Also which capacitor should i get? what should it come with and do the capacitors usually come with all essential wiring stuff???
700RMS total isn't really enough to be worried (that's like 60 amps of current maximum draw, my puny honda came with a 80A alternator and would probably come close to powering 700RMS just on stock). Not only that but 700 is just the maximum number (you might only ever see 550 watts depending on the install and the type of music you play)
Even if you where running more watts, a capacitor is terrible idea (you would basically be saying "my car cannot put out close to what I need, let me add this band aid to the problem and hope it helps").

We cannot tell you what wire to buy if we have no idea what amplifier your running (how are we able to tell you what gauge wire to buy if we don't know what gauge the amplifier requires ?)

700RMS total isn't really enough to be worried (that's like 60 amps of current maximum draw, my puny honda came with a 80A alternator and would probably come close to powering 700RMS just on stock). Not only that but 700 is just the maximum number (you might only ever see 550 watts depending on the install and the type of music you play)
Even if you where running more watts, a capacitor is terrible idea (you would basically be saying "my car cannot put out close to what I need, let me add this band aid to the problem and hope it helps").

We cannot tell you what wire to buy if we have no idea what amplifier your running (how are we able to tell you what gauge wire to buy if we don't know what gauge the amplifier requires ?)
Hey that is a big help, sorry for the lack of info, im running two pioneer amps.

Pioneer GM Digital Series GM-D9605 2000 Watt 5-Channel Class FD

Pioneer GM-D8601 1600 Watt Monoblock

No need for an extra battery. The kind of capacitor you're thinking of will not be of any use in most situations.

running a 5 channel amp and a mono amp really doesn't make any sense, unless you're running a center channel speaker; you'd be better off with just a 4 channel amp for your speakers, but if that's what you got, then it's not a big deal.

Good OFC 4 gauge wire should be plenty adequate for what you're running. If you plan on upgrading to more power down the line, then just go ahead and go with 0 gauge so you don't have to change the wiring out again later.

Hey that is a big help, sorry for the lack of info, im running two pioneer amps.
Pioneer GM Digital Series GM-D9605 2000 Watt 5-Channel Class FD

Pioneer GM-D8601 1600 Watt Monoblock
If you want just basic no thrills kit that can supply adequate power then something like this won't break the bank but will be good quality 4-Gauge Amplifier Install Kit
If you might someday upgrade to a higher power amplifier then you can get either a higher quality 4 gauge kit (one that's Oxygen Free Cooper versus CCA) or you can buy a 0 gauge kit and use a 4 gauge reducer.

The 5 ch is capable of around 1kw on its own, and the 8601 will do 800.

How are you running this to arrive at 700?

Not using the sub channel on the 9605 and running 8601 at 4 ohms?

Any decent 4 awg amp kit intended for two amps should be more than adequate. Even the cheap CCA kits should be good for 80A. Make sure it comes with at least an 80A fuse. If it's 60A it's not really 4 awg wire.

A two amp kit should have a distribution block -- preferably it will be fused.

Another option would be to buy a standard 4 awg kit, add a two position fused d-block and some 8 awg to go from d-block to amp (+)'s and amp (-)'s to ground.

Don't mess with the cap.

Any decent 4 awg amp kit intended for two amps should be more than adequate. Even the cheap CCA kits should be good for 80A. Make sure it comes with at least an 80A fuse. If it's 60A it's not really 4 awg wire.A two amp kit should have a distribution block -- preferably it will be fused.

Another option would be to buy a standard 4 awg kit, add a two position fused d-block and some 8 awg to go from d-block to amp (+)'s and amp (-)'s to ground.

Don't mess with the cap.
i went with the Rockford Fosgate RFK4D 4 Gauge Complete Dual Amplifier/Amp Installation Kit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.