which amp for "FOUR" alpine type R 12" SWR-1242D 4ohm PICS INSIDE

im shopping on ebay.
aq2200 is what seems alot of people are suggesting but they dont sell any of those on ebay, and i want a new amp with a warranty.

and i couldnt find a Audioque 1200D either, there are no Audioque amps on ebay, aq=audioQue im guessing?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Omg wow... STOP SHOPPING ON EBAY..

Company's have websites you know..

Audiopipe quality/durability won't be as good as the Alpines but obviously the price is cheaper. I'd go with the AQ2200D, very much quality and durability. The AP300 probably puts out more power than it but I can assure you the AQ puts out more than 2200watts and they will be cleaner watts at that. So yeh, from price standpoint, Audiopipe. For quality, Audioque. The alpine won't disappoint you, but there's zero "bang for buck" factor there.
Ive owned both audiopipe and alpine amps, IMHO audiopipe put out the nicer sound and was a much stonger amp in the long run.

audioque>audiopipe>alpine

OP, If you decide on the audiopipe, make sure you have the electrical to back it, she's a hungry amp!

lol why do you say that because i dont know stereo stuff your funny, or because i want to shop on ebay?? if you might ask its because i am a top rated powerseller and i do all my shopping/business on ebay..

its good, i get no dimming of the lights at all and i got a large kentic battery in the back as well, i dont think its an electrical problem, because the fan starts to break and make weird noise and then months later it breaks, its cadence, their fans ****

ok if i cant use the Aq2200d what about two AQ1200D? then wouldnt i be able to run it 1ohm?

because i cant run the Aq2200d to 1 ohm with the 4 subs because they are 4 ohm subs correct?t
You can do 2 aq1200d's. You need dual 2 ohm subs to get the full power of the aq2200d. That is correct. The subs you have won't let you wire down to 1 ohm.

You can do 2 aq1200d's. You need dual 2 ohm subs to get the full power of the aq2200d. That is correct. The subs you have won't let you wire down to 1 ohm.
im actually not buying it off ebay ok ppl!! im getting it from Audioque

so im going to get this audioque, i get to pick from either one "Aq2200d" , or two "AQ1200D" amps

would it be best for me to get the two AQ1200D because of my 4 type R's that are 4ohm subs?

i want to do 2500 RMS at 1 ohm, is that only possible if i buy two amps? right?

You cannot use the Aq2200d because you have 4ohm dvc's. The Audiopipe is a good choice. For the AP amp you will need a big second battery and a 400 amp ANL fuse under the hood. That's the way I would do it because it will make every light in your car dim if you don't. I have the AP amp and it will do a number on your Alt. if you don't add something to help out your electrical. I have a 80 pound gel cell battery powering my ap30001d.
My bad, since the 2200 was spoken of right before, I lost my train of thought.

im actually not buying it off ebay ok ppl!! im getting it from Audioque
so im going to get this audioque, i get to pick from either one "Aq2200d" , or two "AQ1200D" amps

would it be best for me to get the two AQ1200D because of my 4 type R's that are 4ohm subs?

i want to do 2500 RMS at 1 ohm, is that only possible if i buy two amps? right?
With 2 aq1200's strapped, you will get 2400 watts at 2 ohms.

With 2 aq1200's strapped, you will get 2400 watts at 2 ohms.
are you sure? on the website it says

510X1 @ 4 ohm,

870X1 @ 2 ohm,

1200X1 @1 ohm

what is it called if you want to hook two amps together and run them as one, bridging them? is that the correct term because im not to sure what bridging amps means/do

and another good thing about these aq amps vs the alpine m2000 is the aq takes alot less current to run, right? or is it just alittle less? its not a big deal im just wondering, does it say somewhere in the specs how much current they pull?

so much ****ing fail. Why do people spend so much money on **** they have no idea about. I hope your not installing this **** yourself because if you cant even read the basic **** people are sayin in this thread you will probabally **** something up. oh and as far as current pull remember to double the amperage since your running 2 of them.

so much ****ing fail. Why do people spend so much money on **** they have no idea about. I hope your not installing this **** yourself because if you cant even read the basic **** people are sayin in this thread you will probabally **** something up. oh and as far as current pull remember to double the amperage since your running 2 of them.
Couldn't have said it better myself bro...

hi,

IMO - if you should have a little power left, above the 2 kW @ 1 ohm for these four subs - it won't hurt - you'll just adjust the gain on the amp..

the thing is - are you looking for AB class of amp or D class or something else?

Don't have actual experience with these subs, but - a d-class amp . rated @ 2 kW @ 1 ohm, better 2.5 kW@ 1R, should be good = DD M3a (or weaker brother DD M2a would also do the trick).. If you have more than enough juice, there won't be so much stress on the amp..

For better sound dynamics, control, etc, the better choice would be an AB class monoblock, or a very powerful dual channel amp.. But here is the thing no consumer likes to hear - quality will boost price, so the best option is a monoblock, D class, at around 2.5 kW @ 1R . rated from 12V - 13.8 (ignore the values at 14.4V)..

hi,
IMO - if you should have a little power left, above the 2 kW @ 1 ohm for these four subs - it won't hurt - you'll just adjust the gain on the amp..

the thing is - are you looking for AB class of amp or D class or something else?

Don't have actual experience with these subs, but - a d-class amp . rated @ 2 kW @ 1 ohm, better 2.5 kW@ 1R, should be good = DD M3a (or weaker brother DD M2a would also do the trick).. If you have more than enough juice, there won't be so much stress on the amp..

For better sound dynamics, control, etc, the better choice would be an AB class monoblock, or a very powerful dual channel amp.. But here is the thing no consumer likes to hear - quality will boost price, so the best option is a monoblock, D class, at around 2.5 kW @ 1R . rated from 12V - 13.8 (ignore the values at 14.4V)..
He needs power @ 2 ohms, holmes.

Thanks...and I hope you had fun typing out your useless response...

To the OP, i suggest you do not spend anymore money on audio until you read up some more, there have been many great options and info to use in this thread yet you still seem clueless.....

Just read around here for a while and when you learn some you will know yourself what the best option is....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.