which amp for "FOUR" alpine type R 12" SWR-1242D 4ohm PICS INSIDE

People say 2 ohm has better Sq, but unless you have Superman hearing abilities you won't be able to tell the difference. I also ran 4 Type R's in the past with 750rms a piece. If you feel like 500 a piece is enough, then get the Alpine. I'm not saying the other amps are better, they just are more power than Alpine for the same price. You can always turn the gain down. I'm not trying to sound like a hater, but those R's don't have the best Sq. I say that because you seem to be worried about Sq? The amps I suggested are pretty good even compared to Alpine. Don't get caught up in matching name brands. There's a guy on youtube running an Aq3500d on 4 Type R 10's.

The Autotek is 2 2000 watt amps strapped together in one case, I think? That's why it is 2 ohm stable. Yes, that's the right model number for the Dtr. Let me know how the Alpine turns out because I already know that's what you're getting?

If he was truly worried about sound quality he wouldn't be using four Type R's on 2,000 watts of power. Lots of people come here asking about huge bass while saying they want SQ. They're fooling themselves. If you're interested in a huge gang of subwoofers on a big ass amp, SQ isn't your goal.

If he was truly worried about sound quality he wouldn't be using four Type R's on 2,000 watts of power. Lots of people come here asking about huge bass while saying they want SQ. They're fooling themselves. If you're interested in a huge gang of subwoofers on a big ass amp, SQ isn't your goal.
SQLOUD yo... so LOUD you wont notice the finely tuned front stage speakers on axis...

well i dont really care to much about SQ i was just wondering if there was a noticeable difference from 1 to 2 ohms.

wow you ran 750 RMS to each type R when there only 500 RMS each, i didnt know that can be done, i just thought they would blow right away because RMS is constant power i thought..

i also i want tru power, from what i read alot of amp companies lie about there power rating output so if i buy an amp thats 2500 RMS and its overrating the power, then the 2000 tru RMS would be better right?, because im sure alpine amps are telling me tru power output in the description.

so what do you think my 4 type R's can take amp wise? should i look for an amp thats 2,500 RMS? if so at what 1 ohm?

Four Type R's can take up to 3krms daily, more if your careful.....

If you wanna use 1 amp, then the subs will be wired at .5 ohm or 2 ohms......You cannot change that!

If you use 2 amps, the subs will be wired at 1 ohm or 4 ohms....

Find an amp that does 2500-3000 @ 2 ohm......or 2 amps that do 1200-1500rms @ 1 ohm....

It's that simple man..

An Audiopipe 3000d would be good, it does 3k @ 2 ohm.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.