which amp for "FOUR" alpine type R 12" SWR-1242D 4ohm PICS INSIDE

Just to clear something up for the OP...RMS is a thermal rating of what the sub can handle continuously without overheating. It's a "long term" rating, so for short periods at a time, most subs can handle much more. I think you'd be fine at 500-800 a piece, even thermally. Mechanically a type R can take several thousand watts without damage...you just heat up the voicecoils very quickly that way and they wouldn't last a long time doing that. In a ported box, you'll smell them well before you blow them though....trust me on this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The Soundstream DTR3400.1 is actually a nice solid amp, I know several people that run them at .5 with no problems. I haven't clamped the output on one to say what actual power is, but it would definitely be more than the MRP-2000.

I'd also look into getting 2 Audioque 1200D amps and daisy chaining them to 2 ohms. Type Rs like more power than just 500 watts and 2 x 1200Ds will give them a little more. Also, I had the M500 and it made my headlights dim like crazy, that was just off of 500 watts. My AQ 1200D is running 1200 watts and my headlights dont even dim. Alpine amps draw some heavy current, AQ is a ton more efficient.

X2

lulz.
Those are extremely affordable. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Worth it to some //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sure would make the Arrrgh's actually sound good...

ok, wow thanks everyone i got alot of amps to look at.

i couldnt find a "Soundstream DTR3400.1 " all i could find was a Soundstream DTR1.2200D im shopping on ebay.

aq2200 is what seems alot of people are suggesting but they dont sell any of those on ebay, and i want a new amp with a warranty.

and i couldnt find a Audioque 1200D either, there are no Audioque amps on ebay, aq=audioQue im guessing?

hmm maybe i shouldnt alpine m2000, but i cant find a good enough match thats around $500, i want i guess 2,500 RMS if thats what i can handle for 4 type R's

i couldnt find a "Soundstream DTR3400.1 " all i could find was a Soundstream DTR1.2200D im shopping on ebay.

aq2200 is what seems alot of people are suggesting but they dont sell any of those on ebay, and i want a new amp with a warranty.

and i couldnt find a Audioque 1200D either, there are no Audioque amps on ebay, aq=audioQue im guessing?

hmm maybe i shouldnt alpine m2000, but i cant find a good enough match thats around $500, i want i guess 2,500 RMS if thats what i can handle for 4 type R's
Google AQ audio they have a website you can order from with warranty..

why dont you get an audio pipe 30001d one can be had for 350 bills.
i actually see a "audio pipe 30001d " for $320 shipped with warranty, i might get that, do you think its as good or better quality then the alpine 2000m i was looking at? i want a good quality amp that will last me a long time and put out its true RMS not over rate it

because i blew my last 4 amps, the fan inside started making noise and then 3 months later it breaks, same with every amp.. i dont know why this happened, these last two amps lasted me 2 years though, and i think one is still working but i want to get rid of cadence

should i get that ap3000 or would a aq2200 be better quality? arnt the ap3000 give me more power though?

Audiopipe quality/durability won't be as good as the Alpines but obviously the price is cheaper. I'd go with the AQ2200D, very much quality and durability. The AP300 probably puts out more power than it but I can assure you the AQ puts out more than 2200watts and they will be cleaner watts at that. So yeh, from price standpoint, Audiopipe. For quality, Audioque. The alpine won't disappoint you, but there's zero "bang for buck" factor there.

Audiopipe quality/durability won't be as good as the Alpines but obviously the price is cheaper. I'd go with the AQ2200D, very much quality and durability. The AP300 probably puts out more power than it but I can assure you the AQ puts out more than 2200watts and they will be cleaner watts at that. So yeh, from price standpoint, Audiopipe. For quality, Audioque.
You cannot use the Aq2200d because you have 4ohm dvc's. The Audiopipe is a good choice. For the AP amp you will need a big second battery and a 400 amp ANL fuse under the hood. That's the way I would do it because it will make every light in your car dim if you don't. I have the AP amp and it will do a number on your Alt. if you don't add something to help out your electrical. I have a 80 pound gel cell battery powering my ap30001d.

wait i am confused, i got the type R 1242D thats 4 ohm, not the alpine type R 1222D thats 2 Ohm..
from what i read, i thought with the 1242D that i have need either have it set to 4 ohm or 1 ohm???

and the alpine thats 2ohm i think its "1222D" is.. i forgot.

am i wrong? so the 1242D subs that i have, have to be ran at 2ohms? even though i got four subs? or does it not matter how many subs i got?

also, would i be able to use that alpine "MRP-M2000" amp for all 4 subs?

that amp is rated 2 ohms: 2000 RMS watts x 1 chan

so thats perfect to what my subs can take because they are 500 RMS each, is that all good? should it hit harder then those two cadences TXA-1000D you think? i noticed those things werent giving the subs enough power it seemed

No offense OP, but you are so stupid/lacking common sense that it hurts. Please do some research before you keep posting stuff with such audacity. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

No offense OP, but you are so stupid/lacking common sense that it hurts. Please do some research before you keep posting stuff with such audacity. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
lol why do you say that because i dont know stereo stuff your funny, or because i want to shop on ebay?? if you might ask its because i am a top rated powerseller and i do all my shopping/business on ebay..

How is your electrical ? Since you keep blowing amps
its good, i get no dimming of the lights at all and i got a large kentic battery in the back as well, i dont think its an electrical problem, because the fan starts to break and make weird noise and then months later it breaks, its cadence, their fans ****

You cannot use the Aq2200d because you have 4ohm dvc's. The Audiopipe is a good choice. For the AP amp you will need a big second battery and a 400 amp ANL fuse under the hood. That's the way I would do it because it will make every light in your car dim if you don't. I have the AP amp and it will do a number on your Alt. if you don't add something to help out your electrical. I have a 80 pound gel cell battery powering my ap30001d.
ok if i cant use the Aq2200d what about two AQ1200D? then wouldnt i be able to run it 1ohm?

because i cant run the Aq2200d to 1 ohm with the 4 subs because they are 4 ohm subs correct?t

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.