Which amp for 2 Zv5 18's?

Kingbudman

Illinois
I am gonna be starting my new build with 2 Sundown Zv5 18's @2k rms each and don't know which of these 2 amps I want to get.

I was thinking of a Crescendo BC5500 and I know that will work and not over power them too much.

I was also thinking of getting the SoundQubed Q1-7000 but am not sure if putting 7k to a set of speakers rated for 4k will be too much.

I know sundown under rates their subs and you can prob get away with twice the rms and be safe so I am pretty sure the Zv5 18's rated 4k for the pair will handle 7k but wanted some thoughts on it.

Play it safe or go louder?

They will want more power as long as it's clean

7k clean will do just fine for a pair of those.

That SQ is a good choice. For that 1500 price there are a lot of good amps that price point.

7k would be fine. I would do a Taramps HD8000. Ive had the SQ 7k. Wait until it goes on sale at $999 or get the Vital power 7k if you can stand the blue.
I was iffy about the blue too but when u see it in person it’s nice looking... I’ve gotta so many compliments about it.

CywSyfJ.jpg

How does your electrical look? What impedance are the subs?

Run 7K a piece to those subs and when you blow them up tell them some guys online told you that Sundown subs handle 3X their rated power and they'll surely honor a warranty claim.

I have a nendo5500 on my zv5s...they want more power. I suggest 3-4K on each as long as you have the right electrical and your gains are set correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.