Which 4 channel amp

I am running Hybrid Audio Imagines 6.5" in front and polk db651 6.5" in rear.

The polks are managing with my current amp but I feel like the imagines need more

budget is $300-$400 but don't want to spend that much if its not neccesary

If having to choose from the 2, id prob go for the sstream for myself...yet,i do have an old school jbl gtq 400/100x4 that i will let go for reasonable /fair price,that will out perform both stated,and excellent sq..pm me if interested pretty clean/presentable,and rated @11.6v

My preference would be toward a modern Class D amplifier, such as the Alpine MRX or Polk D4000.4. I have my Imagine woofer high passed at 60Hz with 24dB filter, as recommended in the manual. The woofers can handle bass very well. However, this "lower than normal" crossover frequency does place a bit more strain on the amplifier. They are powered by MB Quart REF4.80 (compact class A/B). It's placed side ways on the back of the rear seat. Sometimes it goes into thermal shutdown on a very hot day or when luggage obstructs air movement around the amplifier. This is something I have not observed with my PPI P800.4 amplifier, which powers subwoofer and soon rears, even though it's placed even worse from cooling efficiency point of view.

Yeah these hybrid's really seem like they want more power. The best listening position in the truck at the moment is the back seat because the polks actually sound louder and better because they are just fine on the 30 watts they are being fed.

So class D you say I wasn't to sure about that. The soundstream is a class A/B and the THD is really low for a modern amp.

Also what about the MB Quart ONX4.125 it seems like People on here like them

The only draw back is its bigger and I am kind of limited on space

Also what about the MB Quart ONX4.125 it seems like People on here like them

The only draw back is its bigger and I am kind of limited on space

I don't know about the Onyx, But I'd vouch for that Rubicon. Great amp for the money and plenty of efficient power for those Imagines. I personally would steer towards the Soundstream Reference, but that's just me.

which reference would you recommend REF4.400 or REF4.760. The polks are only 55w rms but I guess if i blow them I can put some imagines in the rear

which reference would you recommend REF4.400 or REF4.760. The polks are only 55w rms but I guess if i blow them I can put some imagines in the rear

Go with the 4.400. jjust set the gains with the DMM to not overpower those polks. I don't see any point in throwing money away to replace rear fill. IMHO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.