low voltage

idk... i mean i do this sometimes time but i dont run it wide open or nothing. mine stays about 12.4 or more. seeing you are dropping to 11.8 id watch it on that amp. for a short period it may not hurt.

11v in of itself is not going to harm the amp...the amp draw needed to fullfill the amp at 11v is whats going to kill the amp. AQ amps are stable down to 9.5v, but the amperage draw would be so huge at 9.5v that for alot of people, it wouldnt be able to be provided. Most likely, if your voltage is dropping, you dont have the amperage to provide in the first place

damn if know...it would fluctuate between 12.5 to 13...14 w/engine running(dash guage lol). I just pulled everything..trying to decide what I want to do right now. I rarely pushed my system to it's limits though, I guess it is not a fair comparison, but I bought that amp in like the end of '07 and it ran like a champ....it is decent and it works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.