Which 12" Sub Plays the deepest

Ok I did some checking and here's what I found ALPINE TYPE-R 1222D = 63.63

DIAMOND AUDIO D312 = 52.77

Kicker CVR12 = 47.45

It looks like the Kicker would be the best for sealed boxes and lowest bass notes, your comments?
call me a noob but what are those numbers for?

call me a noob but what are those numbers for?
EBP

The CVR wouldn't be a bad choice. 1.5 cubic feet is a little small for what you're looking for though. It will be pretty punchy but it will still have pretty decent low frequency extension.

I think the Phoenix Gold Xenons would work a little better for your application but I can't find them anywhere. They sound very nice sealed.

The Dayton Titanic 1200 was the lowest playing 12" woofer I've ever owned. Raw SPL output wasn't amazing but it dropped incredibly low. They have an F3 of around 30 Hz in a relatively large sealed box.

EBP
The CVR wouldn't be a bad choice. 1.5 cubic feet is a little small for what you're looking for though. It will be pretty punchy but it will still have pretty decent low frequency extension.

I think the Phoenix Gold Xenons would work a little better for your application but I can't find them anywhere. They sound very nice sealed.
The xenon will play far lower than the cvr. The cvrs do not really drop low imo. They would probably be a little louder though.

Ok I did some checking and here's what I found ALPINE TYPE-R 1222D = 63.63

DIAMOND AUDIO D312 = 52.77

Kicker CVR12 = 47.45

It looks like the Kicker would be the best for sealed boxes and lowest bass notes, your comments?
Yup that Kicker CVR is an awesome sealed box woofer. Truth be told, your D3 is a pretty decent sealed box woofer as well. As was mentioned earlier, make sure your subsonic filter and bass boost are both off. It could just be that your car doesn't like the lows.. some cars have tremendous cabin gain in that area while others don't.

Also keep in mind that the lower the bass, the more excursion is required to reproduce it. For that reason, entry level subs usually aren't good at going low sealed.

this thread is wierd....last time i check it was all install dependant

It is, 1.5 cu ft sealed box. Thats his install, now we need to find the driver that works best in his install. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

How about this list of subs, what would you recommend?

Kicker CVR12 = 47.45 / Xmaxx .45

JBL P1222 = 49.31 / Xmaxx 18mm

Rockford Fosgte P312D2 = 51.92

DIAMOND AUDIO D312 = 52.77 / Xmaxx 11mm

ALPINE TYPE-R 1222D = 63.63 / Xmaxx 65mm

JL Audio 12W3v2-D2 = 52.37 / Xmaxx 13mm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.