where's the beef? (power)

Participant count
  • Participant list

SOUNDz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have rf bd1500 and it sounds like crap far as the power it puts out. when i first got it, it was straight then 1 of my woofers blew and it seemed like amp wasnt the same since. i got more subs 2 4ohm this time, to see the power at 2ohms.at first i had 2 8ohm subs so i just knew 2 ohmsof power would be more than enough. but it is not. now it hits not even half as hard as before. sent amp back for repair, got it back and still sounds weak. maybe alt, cause a lot of times my digital cap shows 12.4 or so volts while car is running. maybe no big deal, but i dont know? sometimes music cuts off for a couple sec. at a time, then sometimes subs cut off and then come back on a few minutes later. this makes me think alt is weak. but how much power can u gain from 12.4v to like 13.8 or so with a 1500w amp? thats what cap showed when i first got it. unless rf say they test amps before they return them and really dont. they dont even give u a sheet to say how many watts it benched before leaving which *****. this amp doesnt even sound like 100w. i even went from a 2v deck to a 5v, and now using 2 4ohm instead of 2 8ohm and still sounds horrible. well enough with this, what do u suggest?

well for one if you only have 12.4 volts while the car is running, you have a problem with the altanator, should be charging more the 12.4 volts. but that whould not be the problem with low bass output. as slipknot says what power and grounds are you running?, and you might have a cancalation problem, double check your wiring to the subs from the amp.

0/g from battery to distro block. from there, 4/g to amps rf 700x and bd1500. nothing was ever changed. 4/g grounds also, less than 2' ea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.