Where to mount tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm contemplating where to mount my tweeters. I have a 2004 Ford Taurus WITHOUT the stock tweeter housing (I may just try and get the housings at a junkyard and use them)

I don't really want to do any major modifications to the car as I'll probably be putting the stock audio system back in when I get my next car.

aliens-meme.jpg

Seriously, though, you want at least two inches above the tallest part of your dash and in spheres would be ideal.

i'll make spheres for whomever. my prices are fair. all depends on the tweeter and it's available mounting (or ability to be removed from oversized mounts). tweeters with flexible mounting options usually work best since you get down to a small housing.

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

sail panels are a bit too low for my liking, but yes, width is good.

i'll make spheres for whomever. my prices are fair. all depends on the tweeter and it's available mounting (or ability to be removed from oversized mounts). tweeters with flexible mounting options usually work best since you get down to a small housing. 

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

sail panels are a bit too low for my liking, but yes, width is good.
I will send you pics of mine to see what we can do... They may be a big pain in the *** so I may have to go another route

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.