where to ground

^ The wire connecting the back battery to the front is obviously longer then 3ft...but the grounds connecting the amps to the back batteries are short
So it's ok if u have a battery at each end? Why use all that extra power wire tho when you can just go to the frame?

wherever it is make sure that it is part of the frame or body and not a piece that has been tack welded as it provided less contact to actual ground. Im almost positive the above posted picture is a tack welded location.
The piece does look separate I don't see welding but I tested the resistance between ground and the bolt i have now and the seat bolt and they both are same .2

theres a gromet right behind the back seat under the carpet (driver side) remove that gromet and use a very big and heavy duty socket (cant remember what size) and remove that bolt. that bolt goes directly to the frame. i have a 2000 ford explorer and have used many grounds on it with this one being the best with the least resistance

theres a gromet right behind the back seat under the carpet (driver side) remove that gromet and use a very big and heavy duty socket (cant remember what size) and remove that bolt. that bolt goes directly to the frame. i have a 2000 ford explorer and have used many grounds on it with this one being the best with the least resistance
i used a massive bolt between the two seat belt buckles really hard to get at it but i used a long extention and did it... It was a 19 mm i believe.. it was upside down so i just had to take the nut and attached washer off and bada bing bada boom

Figured I could just hijack for a question along the same lines as this.

Am I remembering incorrectly or is it better to ground each component on a different part of the vehicle? I'm wondering if I could go with a ground terminal for my amps or are those not advised?

I would use as least wiring needed as possible to gain ground,as wiring can get expensive.I would try the seat belt bolt down if you can get it off,and scratch away the paint ect, for a good connection.I thought there was a bolt just under the left rear seat under the carpet for that vehicle??Check there,see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.