where to ground

pbnj22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Duluth MN
Where should i ground my sub amp? 2000 ford explorer

my previous vehicles were all trunk cars and i just drilled a hole in the bottom of the trunk to the frame. i do not want to do that here and i see most people saying the seat belt bolt, does it matter which one? or just the closest one to where your amp is located?

Do you have rear seats that fold down or up? I grounded my amps there with a nice bolt.

IOcjr.jpg

wherever it is make sure that it is part of the frame or body and not a piece that has been tack welded as it provided less contact to actual ground. Im almost positive the above posted picture is a tack welded location.

wherever it is make sure that it is part of the frame or body and not a piece that has been tack welded as it provided less contact to actual ground. Im almost positive the above posted picture is a tack welded location.
The seat bolts are too tight for me to get off so it was the only location I could use I'll look at it again if i can this week.

my seats do not fold like that but yeah i think all my bolts are not part of the ACTUAL frame like stated above. more of a tack weld if im not mistaken

breaker bar?
ratchet or wrench and a few hammer hits should knock it right
I might be able to try the breaker bar idk if i have a 1/4 inch adapter.

I ground to the back battery, which is grounded to the front battery
My brother says some of his team mates do that too I thought grounds shouldn't be longer than 3 ft?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.