Where to get plexiglass

i just got some "Acrylic sheet" from home depot. Its only like 1/4" thick, but Im just going to double layer it.

they dont have the true 3/4" thick plexiglass slabs, but I believe those are in the hundreds of dollars...the thing I got was only $35...heres a pic of it, its covered in blue plastic. in the door section of home depot if you are interested:

100_0655.jpg

Thanks guys. I think I may just order it online. 1/4 isnt going to do what I need it to and I think I can get a better price off of eBay. I was looking on there and they had what I needed. This is going to be a box to house a dvd player and eq, so im thinking 1/2 or thicker. Has to be strong enough to suspend the units.... then again I have a glass shop that I deal with quit a bit and think they may be able to hook me up. I will let yall know what I find out

Lexan is the best bet it is strong and it doesnt scratch as easily thats what they use for clear computer cases. and case windows. Home depot carries it but like said above a glass place would prolly be cheaper.

http://www.usplastics.com
acrylic

stuff is mad strong anyway, but its also mad expensive.
I look at it like this. Its a bit more expensive but the first time you have a bag of groceries in your trunk and they brush up on the acrylic and scratch the hell out of it you will say **** I should of paid the extra couple of dollars and I wouldnt have these scratches. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I learned the hard way from the old days of making computer case windows before they became so mainstream and you could buy prefabs. The acrylic windows would scratch incredibly easy. I even had a piece get scratched from putting it in my trunk on tyhe ride home from home depot LOL

I look at it like this. Its a bit more expensive but the first time you have a bag of groceries in your trunk and they brush up on the acrylic and scratch the hell out of it you will say **** I should of paid the extra couple of dollars and I wouldnt have these scratches. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifI learned the hard way from the old days of making computer case windows before they became so mainstream and you could buy prefabs. The acrylic windows would scratch incredibly easy. I even had a piece get scratched from putting it in my trunk on tyhe ride home from home depot LOL
i know man, ive been modding since like 3 or 4 years ago.

http://www.bit-tech.net (username R3Q)

good times. plastic is fun to play with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.