where to get a alternator

I just put in an order for a DC Power 180amp alternator. $425 total and im picking it up to save $37. Theyre one of the highest praised alternators on this site. Known for good idle amps. The guy on the phone told me it'll idle at 140. I almost bough an Excessive Amperage alternator as theyre pretty highly praised on here too, but they only rated their 180amp alt at 120 idle. I just put in the extra so im sure ill be fine even at idle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I just put in an order for a DC Power 180amp alternator. $425 total and im picking it up to save $37. Theyre one of the highest praised alternators on this site. Known for good idle amps. The guy on the phone told me it'll idle at 140. I almost bough an Excessive Amperage alternator as theyre pretty highly praised on here too, but they only rated their 180amp alt at 120 idle. I just put in the extra so im sure ill be fine even at idle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
425 is kind of high

I understand. It was kind of high for me too when I was looking for one but in the end I thought about it and this is #1 something you want to work for you how you want it the first time and #2 something you dont want to pay to replace again because it wasnt sufficient. If your a little tighter on the budget then go with Excessive Amperage Excessive Amperage - High output alternators by C.S.A. Theyre a lil bit cheaper but still make alts that do higher than rated amps. If you can go with something like DC Power then you'll be set with idle amperage for sure also. Btw how many amps you looking to get from your new alternator?

DC seems to be a good company. But, they are pricey and they could only sell me a new 230/160 Amp XP series for $587 with shipping. I don't really need 230 Amps and I don't plan on adding more wattage to my system.

Excessive Amperage said they could build me a 200 Amp that would bolt right on for $470 with shipping. Not sure what the idle amps are, but i'd probably go with them if I decide to buy one.

Just do what I did and send these guys an email with your desired amps, and car make/model. They'll respond within one or two business days.

DC seems to be a good company. But, they are pricey and they could only sell me a new 230/160 Amp XP series for $587 with shipping. I don't really need 230 Amps and I don't plan on adding more wattage to my system.
Excessive Amperage said they could build me a 200 Amp that would bolt right on for $470 with shipping. Not sure what the idle amps are, but i'd probably go with them if I decide to buy one.

Just do what I did and send these guys an email with your desired amps, and car make/model. They'll respond within one or two business days.
excessive is a good alt ive only had good things from nate and he has good customer service and fast build/shipping times

nate used to sponsor me in 06 with my van and is still my choice when it comes to alts. one of the nicest guys i have ever met.
yeah i went and picked up 2 alts from him before and hes real helpful even shipped some subs off for me to get a recone with his business discount

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.