where to connect the Pioneers yellow mute wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HandsomeSteve

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2009 Pioneer AVIC Z110BT interfacing it w/ the RP4GM11 adaptor in my 05Chevy Express 3500 RV van
mirimar bch.jpg
for chimes/key still in ignition/parking brake ect.

1.where is the AVICs yellow mute wire connected to? the majority of the AVIC is voice operated. I've just completed most of the wiring between the AVIC & the RP4. yet to purchase a mircophone.
2.why doe's it take so long for the AVIC to turn on where it's playing audio?
3.is it possiable to change the screen saver from Pioneer to a differnt image?
4.can I bypass the parking brake connection, I'm forced to depress PB to be able to enter destination address in NAV.
5. I would like to have a Pioneer rotory commander the wired remote control.

I have more ?s This AVIC has a 200 page operaters manuel an installation manuel so I've got alot to read. didn't see the yellow mute wire mentioned. thanks in advance

Last edited:
Are you sure that is the mute wire?

Most of the pioneers I've owned state it is the memory functions wire which is plugged into any 12v constant. The mute wire is usually brown.

Last edited:
I have a 2009 Pioneer AVIC Z110BT interfacing it w/ the RP4GM11 adaptor in my 05Chevy Express 3500 RV van View attachment 58098for chimes/key still in ignition/parking brake ect.

1.where is the AVICs yellow mute wire connected to? the majority of the AVIC is voice operated. I've just completed most of the wiring between the AVIC & the RP4. yet to purchase a mircophone.
2.why doe's it take so long for the AVIC to turn on where it's playing audio?
3.is it possiable to change the screen saver from Pioneer to a differnt image?
4.can I bypass the parking brake connection, I'm forced to depress PB to be able to enter destination address in NAV.
5. I would like to have a Pioneer rotory commander the wired remote control.

I have more ?s This AVIC has a 200 page operaters manuel an installation manuel so I've got alot to read. didn't see the yellow mute wire mentioned. thanks in advance
Page 3 of the Manual states 12v constant for Yellow . Wiring diagram for the harness

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...