where to buy hyperflex?

OP mentioned Kicker, and KNU and SHOK have also been mentioned. ALL of those companies OVERSIZE their wire. I have all of those brands on hand. Hence why I told the OP to get 2/0 welding if he wants the wire to be the same size as those brands and has 1/0 car audio ring terminals.
I don't care about other companies as these and 2/0 or 4/0 welding are what I use...

And your statement that 1/0 car audio will equal 1/0 welding is not true, you even said some car audio companies oversize their 1/0 wire. You're contradicting yourself now.
So now you change the argument? Good game, you lost. I'm right. I've been right. I'll always be right.

Thanks for playing.

Yes, .32" is 1/0 according to AWG. Just because companies might oversize their wire, doesnt change that .32" is 1/0 no matter fucking what.
Read what your just typed, "companies might oversize their wire". Then their 1/0 will NOT be .32 Is that easier to comprehend?

That's NOT what you were arguing, don't even try to turn that around. I tried to reach that settlement a couple pages back. You were saying Car Audio 1/0 and Welding 1/0 are two different things. THEY ARE NOT, just give it up. 1/0 is 1/0. OP needing 1/0 wire, Welding wire is true to size 1/0. Yes, some good car audio wire makes stuff even more wire into their 1/0 wire, making them marginally bigger. That does not change the sizing standards for 1/0; it just so happens that some car audio wire exceeds them. Other car audio wire doesn't even meet them. You're trying to save face here, and there's no point. You've driven your wrong argument into the ground over and over and entirely derailed this thread.
Another brainiac in here. You just said that some car audio companies make their 1/0 bigger then the 1/0 AWG standard. So then tell me Sherlock how both wires can be the same size?

So now you change the argument? Good game, you lost. I'm right. I've been right. I'll always be right.
Thanks for playing.
You were never close to being right, buy your 1/0 welding crap and watch the 1/0 ca ring terminal fall right off the end. Real world experience beats reading a wire gauge chart and thinking you have a clue.

OP try to sift through this drivel and make a decision, sorry the 3 stooges got involved. I even had Wenn on my side, he wouldn't agree if I was even remotely wrong, trust me on that one.

Another brainiac in here. You just said that some car audio companies make their 1/0 bigger then the 1/0 AWG standard. So then tell me Sherlock how both wires can be the same size?
Dude... give up. You're trying to turn this around. I said from the beginning the wire might be oversized. You were claiming that 2/0 standards for welding wire were the equivalent to 1/0 standards of car audio wire, because welding wire is undersized. That's how you started this. That's what this was about. Nobody said some car audio companies don't make their wire bigger than the standard, but that doesn't change the standard. Which is the whole point here, as you were arguing they were on 2 different standards.

You said:

2/0 welding = 1/0 ca wire
Which is not true, not in the least. While some of the reputable car audio companies oversize their wire, to be bigger than 1/0, I assure you it's not true 2/0, otherwise they'd be marketing it as such. And that doesn't take into account all the companies that undersize their car audio wire.

Dude... give up. You're trying to turn this around. I said from the beginning the wire might be oversized. You were claiming that 2/0 standards for welding wire were the equivalent to 1/0 standards of car audio wire, because welding wire is undersized. That's how you started this. That's what this was about. Nobody said some car audio companies don't make their wire bigger than the standard, but that doesn't change the standard. Which is the whole point here, as you were arguing they were on 2 different standards.You said:

Which is not true, not in the least. While some of the reputable car audio companies oversize their wire, to be bigger than 1/0, I assure you it's not true 2/0, otherwise they'd be marketing it as such. And that doesn't take into account all the companies that undersize their car audio wire.
I didn't claim **** about any standards, you guys are the ones who read wire charts.

I said 2/0 welding wire = 1/0 car audio wire in real world applications, meaning ring terminals, fitting into amps, ect...

Discussion is not about the crappy wire out there, only the good stuff.

Read the first line....http://www.knukonceptz.com/assets/pdf/PowerWireSpec.pdf

I didn't claim **** about any standards, you guys are the ones who read wire charts.
I said 2/0 welding wire = 1/0 car audio wire in real world applications, meaning ring terminals, fitting into amps, ect...

Discussion is not about the crappy wire out there, only the good stuff.

Read the first line....http://www.knukonceptz.com/assets/pdf/PowerWireSpec.pdf
Meh, I'm done with it. That is interesting with the Knu spec sheet though, I've never seen that before, so touche.

I guess I just assumed you were saying All car audio wire is on a different scale than welding wire. I still think terminals are sized to true 1/0 though... Cus I had to strip my 4 gauge down a little to fit in a 4 gauge terminal, so I would figure the same with 1/0 to a 1/0 terminal.

Meh, I'm done with it. That is interesting with the Knu spec sheet though, I've never seen that before, so touche.I guess I just assumed you were saying All car audio wire is on a different scale than welding wire. I still think terminals are sized to true 1/0 though... Cus I had to strip my 4 gauge down a little to fit in a 4 gauge terminal, so I would figure the same with 1/0 to a 1/0 terminal.
When VTE warehouse was clearing out terminals for around $24 for 100 shipped you had to get 2/0 to fit good 1/0 ca wire. That was my first eye opener, then getting some 1/0 welding locally and comparing it to a piece of hyperflex I had laying around.

I know nothing of charts/scales, I know of the shitload of diff wires and terminals I've used over the years //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Good lord what a read that was....American Wire Gauge(AWG) is based on the AREA of the conductor. There are TWO sets of standards for AWG, one for Stranded and one for Solid cores. I did not look over the chart posted earlier thoroughly, but it seems like it was for solid wire which uses diameter for reference There is a BIG difference in the two because stranded AWG specs take in account for the air gaps between the strands. Solid 0 gauge will be SMALLER then stranded 0 gauge because it has no air gaps and at that point diameter could be used to gauge the cable.

No its for stranded, probably should actually read something before you comment on it.

My guess that the reason the companies oversize is for marketing. Look our 1/0 is bigger than theirs! If they labeled it as 2/0 or 3/0 like it actually is people wouldn't buy it because they don't need that big.

Doesn't really matter anyway, people either buy the cheapest stuff they can find or the brand they think is coolest.

No its for stranded, probably should actually read something before you comment on it.
You might want to learn about what is being discussed before being rude. Your same table is on Wikipedia:

American wire gauge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and right at the top....

The table below shows various data including both the resistance of the various wire gauges and the allowable current (ampacity) based on plastic insulation. The diameter information in the table applies to solid wires. Stranded wires are calculated by calculating the equivalent cross sectional copper area

and solids are the same,they have an area requirement, though its easier and quicker to just check a diameter of a solid

But what do I know, carry on with the flames

You might want to learn about what is being discussed before being rude. Your same table is on Wikipedia:
You are correct, and I do apologize that was wrong of me. Somewhere I got confused I know I seen something for stranded but who knows.

I would like to see some sort of standard in the industry where they use load ratings over 20' or something with a certain amount of temp rise. Then people could compare apples to apples. Instead right now we have misinformation and vague marketing to try and figure out what we are buying.

Thanks for the link, never seen any actual measurements for stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rebelfromva

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
rebelfromva
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date