Rockford Punch he2 Bad Coils?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bostonjlguy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 15 inch punch he2 i was give by someone because it will not work. I put a mm on the voice coils and neither will read. My gut tells me both voice coils are burnt or melted. It doesn't smell burnt at all. But I am just assuming its the voice coils. Any ideas of anything else that it could be? I hooked it up to my amp and it will not work so its definitely the woofer. Does anyone know if I can get a recone kit for this old woofer? Can I use a different brand of recone kit as long as it uses the same size coil?

Its dual voice coils they are woven into the spider. You know if you can take the magnet off the basket with out cutting the woofer apart?
Can't do it on those subs, only subs that use a TI basket with the bolts accessible from the outside.

Can't do it on those subs, only subs that use a TI basket with the bolts accessible from the outside.
Do you know much about recone kits? Can I Recone this thing? I cant find a kit for it, can I recone it with another kit that has the same size coil

Do you know much about recone kits? Can I Recone this thing? I cant find a kit for it, can I recone it with another kit that has the same size coil
You can recone it but I wouldn't bother with it only being an He2. If it was an hx2 it would probably be a different story

You can recone it but I wouldn't bother with it only being an He2. If it was an hx2 it would probably be a different story
im having a hard time finding a he2 recone kit. can i use something else? some other brand or a different rockford sub?

[quote name='Bostonjlguy']im having a hard time finding a he2 recone kit. can i use something else? some other brand or a different rockford sub?[/QUOTE]

@SPLaudio can make you one but like I said I don't know how worth it is, the he2 punches aren't exactly something to die for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.