where to buy hyperflex?

OK expert, get us pics of 1/0 welding next to 1/0 car audio wire like Kicker, KNU, SHOK or whatever. Then we'll see who is right....
No. AWG is AWG is AWG. I'm not going to go buy wire to prove to you that the AWG wire standard exists. That's ridiculous.

Your argument is ridiculous.

"I READ ON A FORUM THAT WELDING WIRE IS RATED BY THE SIZE OF THE WIRE TIMES TWELVE, BUT CAR AUDIO WIRE IS RATED BY THE SIZE OF THE WIRE DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I EVEN BOUGHT A WIRE THAT SAID WELDING WIRE AND ITS SMALL STUPIDDDDDD"

So does the kicker,knu,shok oversized 1/0 wire fit on 1/0 terminals perfectly fine or they will require trimming since it's oversized?
It will fit 1/0 car audio ring terminals, if you get 1/0 welding lugs you'll have to trim down the wire. So get 2/0 welding lugs.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

No. AWG is AWG is AWG. I'm not going to go buy wire to prove to you that the AWG wire standard exists. That's ridiculous.
Your argument is ridiculous.

"I READ ON A FORUM THAT WELDING WIRE IS RATED BY THE SIZE OF THE WIRE TIMES TWELVE, BUT CAR AUDIO WIRE IS RATED BY THE SIZE OF THE WIRE DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I EVEN BOUGHT A WIRE THAT SAID WELDING WIRE AND ITS SMALL STUPIDDDDDD"
My point exactly, you don't even have the wire on hand, yet keep on blabbing your misinformation. Speak from experience and you won't be considered such a fool...

It will fit 1/0 car audio ring terminals, if you get 1/0 welding lugs you'll have to trim down the wire. So get 2/0 welding lugs. 

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

My point exactly, you don't even have the wire on hand, yet keep on blabbing your misinformation. Speak from experience and you won't be considered such a fool...
I speak facts, not hearsay, man. You have had experience with some welding wire. Cool. That doesn't mean that welding wire can somehow use the AWG standard(which rates wire size by the diameter of the conductor), while still being rated differently. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Your limited experience with some welding wire does not refute the facts, which are that both welding and car audio power wire conform to the AWG standard, and that because of this, they use a standardized sizing process, and therefore, the companies that don't lie about their product will be the same size if they're rated as the same size. Welding wire is not rated differently than car audio power wire, and unless you can show me some part of a website affiliated with the AWG describing how different "types" of wire use different standards that are unspoken and unwritten in the different standard sizes, then you will be right. Until then, you can keep saying you know everything about all welding wire in existence, but you'll really only be buying shitty wire and crying about it.

View attachment 26532481

Those are the standards ^^^^. That is what it is there is no welding or ca difference you can't find a chart for this type of wire or that type of wire. The problem is in all the gimmicky marketing that the ca seems to need to do. And the ignorance of many in the hobby.

According to audio technix site their 1/0 is almost actually 3/0.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 26532481
Those are the standards ^^^^. That is what it is there is no welding or ca difference you can't find a chart for this type of wire or that type of wire. The problem is in all the gimmicky marketing that the ca seems to need to do. And the ignorance of many in the hobby.

According to audio technix site their 1/0 is almost actually 3/0.
Can't be cuz the expert says so, it's 1/0 same as 1/0 welding wire LOL

I speak facts, not hearsay, man. You have had experience with some welding wire. Cool. That doesn't mean that welding wire can somehow use the AWG standard(which rates wire size by the diameter of the conductor), while still being rated differently. You really have no idea what you're talking about.
Your limited experience with some welding wire does not refute the facts, which are that both welding and car audio power wire conform to the AWG standard, and that because of this, they use a standardized sizing process, and therefore, the companies that don't lie about their product will be the same size if they're rated as the same size. Welding wire is not rated differently than car audio power wire, and unless you can show me some part of a website affiliated with the AWG describing how different "types" of wire use different standards that are unspoken and unwritten in the different standard sizes, then you will be right. Until then, you can keep saying you know everything about all welding wire in existence, but you'll really only be buying shitty wire and crying about it.
You're going by a chart, I'm going by real world experience. I've had 5-6 different brands of welding wire, 1/0 and 2/0. Several people have said that car audio wire is oversized, it's a "gimmick" that the companies do. Yet you want to keep arguing the point.

I don't know everything about wire, I just know that you're wrong on this point and you're giving the OP wrong information....

You're going by a chart, I'm going by real world experience. I've had 5-6 different brands of welding wire, 1/0 and 2/0. Several people have said that car audio wire is oversized, it's a "gimmick" that the companies do. Yet you want to keep arguing the point.
I don't know everything about wire, I just know that you're wrong on this point and you're giving the OP wrong information....
You're right, I'm partly going off of a chart, the actual sizing requirements for the AWG. That is the only true way to know if your wire is true 1/0 or not. Some car audio companies oversize their wire. It's a gimmick. Some undersized their wire. It's false advertising. Some of them rate their wire at what it is. How many companies can you count off of the top of your head that make power wire? There are tens of "name brand", big, nice wire companies, and hundreds of other companies that sell on eBay and retail stores. How many of those hundreds do you think meet the standard?

Do you really think that if you took 5-6 random samplings of the hundreds of companies' car audio power wire that you'd average out to even meet the standard for that size? I can pretty much guarantee you that you wouldn't, because most companies lie. It's the same in every single industry across the globe. Now, do you really think these 5-6 different welding wire brands that you have tried represent the majority, or, as you're claiming, an entire market of wiring? Do you really believe that because some companies oversize their wire, that all car audio wire is larger than the same size welding wire?

So far, the only thing you've proven is that randomly choosing wire is a bad idea because most companies lie about the size of their wire. Like I said, that does not mean that welding wire uses a different(smaller) AWG than car audio power wire.

People pay a premium for oversized wire, that's completely true. I wasn't saying that there aren't companies that oversize power wire, and I believe I said it in my second or third post. I'm saying that 1/0 welding = 1/0 car audio, because .3249" will always be .3249". There's no way for you to argue with that simple fact because it's impossible. Just as you can get oversized car audio power wire, you can get oversized welding wire. It's all about choosing the right companies.

Seriously, go to eBay, purchase 5 random companies' 1/0 power wire, and measure them. You're very likely to get 5 different kinds of wire that are smaller than 1/0.

OP mentioned Kicker, and KNU and SHOK have also been mentioned. ALL of those companies OVERSIZE their wire. I have all of those brands on hand. Hence why I told the OP to get 2/0 welding if he wants the wire to be the same size as those brands and has 1/0 car audio ring terminals.

I don't care about other companies as these and 2/0 or 4/0 welding are what I use...

And your statement that 1/0 car audio will equal 1/0 welding is not true, you even said some car audio companies oversize their 1/0 wire. You're contradicting yourself now.

OP mentioned Kicker, and KNU and SHOK have also been mentioned. ALL of those companies OVERSIZE their wire. I have all of those brands on hand. Hence why I told the OP to get 2/0 welding if he wants the wire to be the same size as those brands and has 1/0 car audio ring terminals.
I don't care about other companies as these and 2/0 or 4/0 welding are what I use...

And your statement that 1/0 car audio will equal 1/0 welding is not true, you even said some car audio companies oversize their 1/0 wire. You're contradicting yourself now.
Just because some companies might "oversize" their wire, doesnt change the 1/0 measurement of .32"... They just simply want to be competitive. If Car audio 1/0 is a different measured on a different scale that isnt AWG, then what is it measured with?... Answer this with facts and proof, not car audio forum talking hearsay

Just because some companies might "oversize" their wire, doesnt change the 1/0 measurement of .32"... They just simply want to be competitive. If Car audio 1/0 is a different measured on a different scale that isnt AWG, then what is it measured with?... Answer this with facts and proof, not car audio forum talking hearsay
Nobody has argued the .32" AWG size of welding wire. Several CA companies make their wire bigger, is it that hard to comprehend? Dude arguing even said it himself.

I'm not wasting my time to take pics to prove it, either believe it or don't. No wonder this forum has gone to ****. I'd settle for a good rickrolling vs dealing with the experts on here who don't want to admit they were wrong...

Nobody has argued the .32" AWG size of welding wire. Several CA companies make their wire bigger, is it that hard to comprehend? Dude arguing even said it himself.
I'm not wasting my time to take pics to prove it, either believe it or don't. No wonder this forum has gone to ****. I'd settle for a good rickrolling vs dealing with the experts on here who don't want to admit they were wrong...
Yes, .32" is 1/0 according to AWG. Just because companies might oversize their wire, doesnt change that .32" is 1/0 no matter fucking what.

That's NOT what you were arguing, don't even try to turn that around. I tried to reach that settlement a couple pages back. You were saying Car Audio 1/0 and Welding 1/0 are two different things. THEY ARE NOT, just give it up. 1/0 is 1/0. OP needing 1/0 wire, Welding wire is true to size 1/0. Yes, some good car audio wire makes stuff even more wire into their 1/0 wire, making them marginally bigger. That does not change the sizing standards for 1/0; it just so happens that some car audio wire exceeds them. Other car audio wire doesn't even meet them. You're trying to save face here, and there's no point. You've driven your wrong argument into the ground over and over and entirely derailed this thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rebelfromva

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
rebelfromva
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date