where to buy hyperflex?

You can also look into Rockford Fosgate wire OP. It is silver tinned copper with the same strand count. I love both of those wire. They've been good to me for the past7 years.
I have fosgate 0 now just not enough fir all i need done. Also guy at work is buying half the roll

Wouldn't it be best to get 2/0 welding wire instead? I'm no expert and you might know more about wiring then me but that's just what I have read on several forums.I have contacted shok industries thru email and they said $248.88 shipped with insurance for a 50ft roll.I myself will be buying either knukonceptz Ofc or 2/0 welding wire.

Wouldn't it be best to get 2/0 welding wire instead? I'm no expert and you might know more about wiring then me but that's just what I have read on several forums.
That's like saying it's best to get 1/0 instead of 4. It depends on how much current the wire needs to carry, and how far it needs to carry it.

I have never owned welding wire or knu.I have read on several forums that a 1/0 welding wire will be about the same as a 4g wire due to it having a thick jacket,etc..some people mentioned that once you remove some of the jacket from a 2/0 welding wire,that it will be the same as a 1/0 awg power wire..I dont know what's true and what's not but I'm simply sharing that info.any good sites where I can order welding wire or knu Ofc wire for cheap?

I have never owned welding wire or knu.I have read on several forums that a 1/0 welding wire will be about the same as a 4g wire due to it having a thick jacket,etc..some people mentioned that once you remove some of the jacket from a 2/0 welding wire,that it will be the same as a 1/0 awg power wire..I dont know what's true and what's not but I'm simply sharing that info.any good sites where I can order welding wire or knu Ofc wire for cheap?
The only place to get Knu is direct( Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables ) or by their seller at eBay(probably under the same name). And I know there's a site that people here go to frequently that has welding cable. It's something simple like weldingsupply.com or something, but I remember that they have several different colors of 1/0, 2/0, and even on up.

And by the way, whoever you read that from is wrong. 3/0, 2/0, 1/0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc., are all sizing standards. Each of these numbers corresponds to a certain diameter that this wire is supposed to meet. If you buy 1/0 wire that has an extra thick jacket, it has to do with that specific company being greedy assholes, not the type of wire it is. Welding cable is usually OFC, and it's typically pretty tough stuff.

You might also want to check out Audio Technix wire. It's not quite as good as Knu, but it's cheaper, for the maybe 3-4 amps of current you'd be potentially losing at a distance of 20 feet(of course, you probably won't be at the current draw threshold of whatever wire you use so it most likely will not matter).

I'd strongly suggest Either some Knu 1/0, AudioTechnix 1/0, or some Welding 1/0. Kicker wire is just way too expensive... and I think Shok is a pretty good rip off too. Someone said $250 for a roll??? That's $5/ft for a whole BULK of a roll. I'd hate to see how expensive it'd be for only 15 or 20 feet.

I'd strongly suggest Either some Knu 1/0, AudioTechnix 1/0, or some Welding 1/0. Kicker wire is just way too expensive... and I think Shok is a pretty good rip off too. Someone said $250 for a roll??? That's $5/ft for a whole BULK of a roll. I'd hate to see how expensive it'd be for only 15 or 20 feet.
Perhaps instead of talking out of your ***, get actual pricing on SHOK wire. I have 9 spools of OFC 1/0 in my garage right now, price is around $175 a spool shipped.

2/0 welding = 1/0 ca wire

Perhaps instead of talking out of your ***, get actual pricing on SHOK wire. I have 9 spools of OFC 1/0 in my garage right now, price is around $175 a spool shipped.
2/0 welding = 1/0 ca wire
Perhaps instead of talking out of your ass, you should read the thread, and learn how to circumvent the swear filter. Someone earlier in the thread has just stated they were quoted $250 for a roll shipped to the.

$175 shipped would be awesome. I was merely commenting on what I had been told. Calm the fuck down.

Perhaps instead of talking out of your ass, you should read the thread, and learn how to circumvent the swear filter. Someone earlier in the thread has just stated they were quoted $250 for a roll shipped to the.$175 shipped would be awesome. I was merely commenting on what I had been told. Calm the fuck down.
You were repeating misinformation, too much of that in the ca world....

If 175 seems like a good deal, whats wrong with 200 shipped for the hyperflex?
Nothing, if you feel like paying $25 more for no apparent reason except for supporting the crumbier brand. Not that the wire isn't good, it is. I've used it, and liked it. If I could get the same exact (if not better) wire from Shok for $25 less, I certainly would. Hell, even if it was the same price I'd still go with Shok.

You were repeating misinformation, too much of that in the ca world....
I was commenting on the information provided to me.

"My Shok wire was quoted $250 shipped"

"Wow, that sounds like a rip off!"

What Wire would you guys buy at lets say $140 per 50ft spool? Kicker or welding wire?
You wont find Kicker that cheap... Welding wire is true sized, not like todays car audio wire. welding wire 1/0 is not like 4 gauge at all, my welding wire 4ga I have in my car is the same or equal to some old hyperflex I had. Go with welding wire and get off the Kicker band wagon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rebelfromva

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
rebelfromva
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date