Where is a good place to buy amplifier power wire?

tjmortenson
10+ year member

I am looking to get some 4 gauge wire for my amp, I looked at auto value because its the only place in my town that sells it, and they wanted almost $3 a foot, does anywhere like home depot have good wire for cheaper? I'm going to stay away from the kits that are cheap because they all say you get more plastic than wire lol, and also, where could I get a fuse and fuse holder? Would a 100 amp fuse be good for 600 watt RMS amplifier? Or should I go less?

Thanks

i have the wire fuse holder ,fuse ,rcas whatever you need ,new as always

$36 shipped 20 ft of wire the fuse holder and fuse with ring terminals

[quote name='T 2']I'd stay away from local shops. Order an amp kit from Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables or AudioTechnix on eBay or here on the forum from @cthedinger ; - it'll have everything you need

Also, base your rating off of your amps fuse rating. It should tell you what size fuse to use.[/QUOTE]
the inline fuse is for wire protection not the amp ,thats what the fuses on the amp are for

the inline fuse is for wire protection not the amp ,thats what the fuses on the amp are for
My amp doesn't have an on-board fuse so I use my inline fuse for protection for both. I know you're supposed to have it closer to the amp but it still works this way. But yes you're right in most situations

dude that site has some really low priced wire.
yep it do...im running their 1/0 as main power and 4awg from distro block. its flexible. more so than i thought it would be. several other dudes on another site are running it too....also got my crimp lugs from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.