where does the noise supressor go?

Participant count
  • Participant list
RCA input. Are your power wires, speaker wires and rca wires ran next to each other? running speaker and rca on the opposite side from power might solve it.
thanks I will look for a supressor that will hook up to the rca. I also ran the power wire on one side of the truck and rcas on the other so that might not be the issue.

Check out all of your engine ground wires, make sure they are fresh and have good contacts. Do the big three upgrade if you haven't already. Have your alt tested also. Noise suppressors should only be used as last resort.

might as well not even have any audio if you use those noise suppressors, they take away everything good in music. Focus on install techniques listed above rather than trying a garbage bandaid solution thats not even a solution, just a waste of time and money. Actually speaking of band aids, if its electrical noise via ripple effects, a capacitor actually can help with that if you wire it inline before your 4 channel.
check 7 mins.

Check out all of your engine ground wires, make sure they are fresh and have good contacts. Do the big three upgrade if you haven't already. Have your alt tested also. Noise suppressors should only be used as last resort.
I have done the big three but its been a few years so I will go through and recheck and replace. Power for amp is direct from battery , battery only. Also my amp ground is mounted to the seat belt mount on clean metal. Also everything is soldered.
might as well not even have any audio if you use those noise suppressors, they take away everything good in music. Focus on install techniques listed above rather than trying a garbage bandaid solution thats not even a solution, just a waste of time and money. Actually speaking of band aids, if its electrical noise via ripple effects, a capacitor actually can help with that if you wire it inline before your 4 channel.
check 7 mins.
I agree I will recheck and thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.