where do you guys get your mdf?

plyhammer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ohio
I must live in hickville usa. None of the lumber co's around here carry any MDF. Where do you all go for yours? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I have gotten some at Lowes and some at Home Depot. They will cut it up for you to fit in your car. Depending on which guys you talk to there, some will even make the custom cuts for you that you need for your box. By custom, I mean cut to your specified dimensions, not the sub cutout...

Like they said they will cut them to the size you need, the first cut is usually free and each one is about a dollar, but worth it. Lowes, Home Depot,

MAKE SURE THEY DON'T SELL YOU PARTICAL BOARD!

Your best bet is to go to a cabinetry shop and ask them where they get theirs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

at my homedepot. its sposed to be.. 3 cuts free.. and 25cents per cut after that. But most of the guys there will do most any cuts for free as long as ur nice to them

Like they said they will cut them to the size you need, the first cut is usually free and each one is about a dollar, but worth it. Lowes, Home Depot,
I would have gladly paid for them to make the cuts. But what I heard is that used to be their policies to charge. But one of the two decided to make cuts free, so they both had to adopt to a new policy of free cuts.

only one lumber company outta like 10 carry it, and thats someone local. They said the only reason they have it, is because people want it for subwoofer boxes. free cuts too.

Never been to home depot before (never had a reason to), so I'm looking through their website for "wood" "fiberboard" "MDF" and it doesn't look like anything relevant comes up. How much does it cost? I really don't know if I need 1/2" or 3/4" cause my measuring is inaccurate, so I wanna get both. IT's a 6.5 woofer. Probably a little bit more too cause I know Im gonna mess up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.