Where do I run the wires?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I have been getting a few goodies now that I have another car but I need to know the best place to run the wires. I will probably be running a couple 2-4awg wires along with some 12awg to turn on and off different non-audio devices. So basically I will be needing to either make a large hole an inch or so in diameter or having a few seperate holes to run different wires. Where should I run the wires after I hit the firewall coming from the engine compartment? I am doing this install with a '96 crown vic that is being outfitted to look as original as possible. Last time I ran wires. I just went through the floor and then siliconed the floor as much as possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

when ya get to the firewall you might have to drill some holes but in most cars they have extras with rubbber grommets in them. if it dont then drill some holes just be sure the area is clear on both sides and then buy some grommets to it the hole run your wire through tht then i would run the wire under that plastic by your doors till the back seat then run it kinda under that into the trunk. thats how ive ran it and you cant see any of it. just be sure when you run your rca's not to run them onthe same side as the power i hear it can give ya a motor noise but ive never had it happen to any of my friends

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.