where did you......

all on the internet. My install was my first and was a major success, no errors made, everything worked flawlessly. My second install ****** though, still doesn't work on my friend's car, his L5s would blow every time until he blew 4 12s and told me to go **** myself, lol. I felt bad for him because we had to remove his back seats, take all his carpet out, grind down the metal on the chassis to fit his enormous box, lol.... oh man that was a bad 6 hours.

100% trial and error. There are some schools that will teach you what to do, but if you do not have the basics you will be lost when you show up. If you really want to learn get a job at a shop or big box store as a sales person, but let them know you are interested in installing as well. Chances are they are more likely to give a current employee a chance in the bay when an opening comes up that has interest than someone from outside. All of my current installers at CC were at one time sales people. I myself started by tearing apart my personal car and friends cars when i was 16, got a job during college selling, then moved to installing and am now the sales and installation manager. The other guy i learned with during highschool on our own cars is now the lead installer at a very highend shop in atlanta.

100% trial and error. There are some schools that will teach you what to do, but if you do not have the basics you will be lost when you show up. If you really want to learn get a job at a shop or big box store as a sales person, but let them know you are interested in installing as well. Chances are they are more likely to give a current employee a chance in the bay when an opening comes up that has interest than someone from outside. All of my current installers at CC were at one time sales people. I myself started by tearing apart my personal car and friends cars when i was 16, got a job during college selling, then moved to installing and am now the sales and installation manager. The other guy i learned with during highschool on our own cars is now the lead installer at a very highend shop in atlanta.
And after all these years... he's still got it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif... joinin us in the bay over the weekend...

Oh...

n00bx.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG

yeah i still got it, maybe one of these days i will teach you how to do a remote start, so i do not have to do it......, but it was nice to get back in a car again.

Lol. I know how to... it'd just take me FOREVER... and I need to internalize the quick tricks... so yeah... I'm waitin

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif...
nG

only thing othe then trial and error is to find a forum on your car because basically ALL cars have 1thing or another that is unexpected and will cost you money +time in the end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.