Where did i go wrong ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jester73440
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
chicago
I don't know what i'm doing wrong but I think this should be louder. I've heard 90% installation 10% product and i do agree but tell me where did i go wrong ? Heres my set up I have a Audiobahn 1500x 800W RMS ,said on here to be a good spl sub. Pushing it i have a Harrison Labs 800 watt amp. I run it at 2ohms i have a 1F cap my wiring is big enough i have 0g then 4g going to the amp,10g wire for the sub . In a 2 cubic foot sealed box i hit a 141.5.In a ported box about 3-4 cubic feet with a 3in X 9in port i hit a 138.6 @ 49Hz . The only way i got the sub to fit in the car is facing the sub up about 4in from the trunk the port is also facing up about 4in from the back deck of the car.I really think i should be hitting harder and so did a lot of othere people there. I went there to go up against a guy i work with and he killed me he hit 147.6 hes got 4 no name 12"s with a hifonics zeus amp underrated at 600watts.He don't know much about audio just subs put in a box that fits them no calculating or nothing. So please help where ddi i go wrong if anyone can give me a hand i'd apperciate it, i can take pictures to show you my set up. Thanks alot

From what you typed I believe you have only one sub? The other dude had FOUR 12's. This can make a big difference. The more subs, the louder it will be and the more efficient. You can get more sound out of multiple subs with less power, than with a big sub and more power. That's my logical thinking, and what I've heard from other people.

I know how you feel though, cuz I have 90% all name-brand stuff(JL Audio & Eclipse) and my friend can still get louder than me with ALL off-brand stuff for a reason I don't know to this day. But oh well, if you like the sound, than that's what counts. Not who's louder. Unless that's what you're into.

Well its kinda what i'm into i have only been to 2 shows but i would like to get in it more i tried facing the sub into the car by dropping it into the wheel well and by ear it made no big differnce. Yes i have 1 15" vs 4 12" but going by that it means its not 90% install 10% product his install is just a box that fit in his car no t/s measurements he is powering them using a amp rated at 600 watts but its under rated his wiring is small. I just think i should have ranked better another guy with 2 12" the lower quality kickers in poor condition with a pyairmid amp hit 136 very close to what i hit. I'm not trying to say i have the best stuff and noone else should compare to mine just that if its 90% install 10% product where on that 90% did i go wrong

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.